• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pictures of your Backhoe!!!!!

planecrazzzy

Occupation
Operator , Cert Welder , Class "A" Truck Driver
Your in Michigan... You'll love the Cab with HEAT...
I hope you can plug it in... Below 30 degrees here in Minnesota I plug mine in for at least 20 min... an hour is better.
She cranks over better then... Avoid starting fluid if you can.
Gotta Fly...
JAM

Billrog

Occupation
band mill , backhoe and dump truck
Nice hoe had the same machine for 15,000 hrs. was still going strong when I sold it & like Jam said in the winter I had it on a timer to get a few hrs. warm up never needed starting fluid.

mlprus88

Yes, the cab with heat is awesome! I can just about move snow while wearing at tshirt lol. I've had good luck with cold starting. It doesn't have a block heater, so I can't plug in. I've never used starting fluid in the 6 years I've had her. I think the coldest I've cranked it is low teens, and surprisingly she cranks up and runs. Not as good as she would on a warm day, but still pretty well. It was late February when I looked at the machine to buy. The temp was somewhere in the 30's. I beat the tech with starting fluid to the yard. The way she cranked over so well, was one of the things that sold me. The tech was even surprised lol. He said they've got new machines that don't start nearly as easy. I do have to plug my other stuff in though. They don't like the cold as much lol.

mlprus88

Nice hoe had the same machine for 15,000 hrs. was still going strong when I sold it & like Jam said in the winter I had it on a timer to get a few hrs. warm up never needed starting fluid.

Thank you! They seem like they're real workhorses. I'm probably hinting to my age here. My grandpa made a living with Case equipment, refused to buy any other brand of backhoe. I was raised on one, a brand new k model. I love mine!

Last edited:

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
I've had two 580Ks The first was tired when I bought it. It had extend a hoe, and John Deere controls. I later bought a very nice, low hour, same year (1988). It had standard stick, and Case three lever controls with foot swing. I couldn't get used to the three lever nonsense, so I swapped the controls and dipper. The guy I sold the first one to didn't know how to operate a backhoe so he didn't care.

Previously I had an older John Deere 410. I very much prefer the hoe on the JD. I could dig fast without the jumpy nature of the hoe. The JD had more boom lift. I will qualify my criticism of the Case unit with the disclaimer that mine has extend a hoe, and a hydraulic thumb These features increase the jumpiness. A boulder in the front bucket helps considerably. In any other sense the Case is a far superior machine. I'm tempted by the N series, but that is a big step in the financial sense.

Willie

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
I've had two 580Ks The first was tired when I bought it. It had extend a hoe, and John Deere controls. I later bought a very nice, low hour, same year (1988). It had standard stick, and Case three lever controls with foot swing. I couldn't get used to the three lever nonsense, so I swapped the controls and dipper. The guy I sold the first one to didn't know how to operate a backhoe so he didn't care.

Previously I had an older John Deere 410. I very much prefer the hoe on the JD. I could dig fast without the jumpy nature of the hoe. The JD had more boom lift. I will qualify my criticism of the Case unit with the disclaimer that mine has extend a hoe, and a hydraulic thumb These features increase the jumpiness. A boulder in the front bucket helps considerably. In any other sense the Case is a far superior machine. I'm tempted by the N series, but that is a big step in the financial sense.

Willie

Plongson

It's not a Whoe but it is my newly renovated skip-loader...all cleaned up with a new engine...

20160811_142552.jpg

mlprus88

Willie

The thing about different controls is sort of funny. My grandpa could run case controls smooth as butter, and efficient as a wobble machine. Put him on a machine with wobbles, and it was a completely different story. He learned on case controls, centuries ago. I think it's all about personal preference, and what an individual is comfortable with. It's true that extra weight in the front helps with the balance, though. Those N series machines seem like nice machines, but like you said, they're costly. I'm not sure I'd want to rely on all of the electronics in them either.

Swampfoxo

Occupation
Engineer
Phil i hope you are ok. You have been missed. We dont know what has become of yiu but we hope you are having a wonderful time wherever you are.

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
Forkin around 70 CK580, gasser, never missed a day of work.

NCM_0139.jpg

Honcho

Mama always told me study good sunny,or you ll be diggin ditchies. But She never told me that i would be making $100 per hour/.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 306

Honcho

Earlier this summer worked on the beach. Had to make work done as fast as possible. 32 hours in two days.:pointhead:pointhead

Attachments

• IMG00228.jpg
    IMG00228.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 247

590 Super LE

Here is my 1998 Case 590 SLE. I`ve hade it for about three years and it has about 6000 hours on it. I am not a contractor and only use it on my small farm and i would find it hard to do without it. This backhoe has pilot controls and , i dont know what you call it, but controls for driving it in hoe mode. Wich seems to be rare in The states. It also ha quick coupler in both ends.

Attachments

• IMG_20161102_091656615_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20161102_091656615_HDR.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_20161102_091708130_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20161102_091708130_HDR.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_20161102_091719365.jpg
    IMG_20161102_091719365.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_20161102_091810437.jpg
    IMG_20161102_091810437.jpg