• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pictures of your Backhoe!!!!!

Billrog

Occupation
band mill , backhoe and dump truck
1991 001.jpg
1991.jpg
This was my first backhoe and an example of what can happen when you have a chain cinch on the floor & it jams the throttle wide open on a corner going down hill when it's icy :eek:.

Billrog

Occupation
band mill , backhoe and dump truck
That pic. was taken 25 years ago but it did a very good job with chains on without it wouldn't even move on the flat. I made that set of chains out of some old truck chains with a cross link every other rail link.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
That pic. was taken 25 years ago but it did a very good job with chains on without it wouldn't even move on the flat. I made that set of chains out of some old truck chains with a cross link every other rail link.

I bought a 1974 JD 410 2 wheel drive about twenty years ago. The chains I bought were typical except between cross chains lying parallel with the tire were short connector chains. There were two connector chains each off center on the tire, the next gap was open. They worked well off pavement, drive a short distance on road, there'd be a loud pop, and one cross chain would break. Not when digging for traction, when moving easily on pavement. I replaced lots of pieces before selling the tractor, and throwing in the chains.

Willie

Steve328

Occupation
Master electrician
2013 jcb 3cx

image.jpgThis is my first backhoe. It has 1600 hours on it I put about 30 hours on it working in the yard.

Steve328

Occupation
Master electrician
My biggest concern with a used machine was leaks. Luckily and surprisingly it has not one everything was dry and still had a good layer of dust. So I was confident it wasn't power washed first.

Dickjr.

Most JCB are very dry machines and well built. The only problem , they use a different hose end that a lot of people don't carry. With 1600 hrs you shouldn't need any hoses for a good while. I had an old 1400B , it was fast.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
John Deere's drool they have the nicest functioning hydraulic system. The price owners pay seems to be leaks. Mine leaked from places unimaginable. It even leaked through cracks in fittings un thought of. Other machines seem to be a surprise when a hose blows a leak. It ain't handy, but consider that this tractor has at least 50 hydraulic hoses, If you do nothing but repair leaks, you will replace 10 of them in ten years. Three approaches are logical. Replace everything, at a cost of $5000. Replace nothing, at a cost of downtime when a leak springs, or inspect, itemize, order hoses, and replace the worn hoses. On backhoes they fail at the swing tower, and at the pivot of the loader. Look for places they might snag. Inside the backhoe boom is cramped. A bad hose looks bad outside.

Willie

Steve328

Occupation
Master electrician
A lot of people knock jcb vs Deere and cats. I wouldn't know the difference I've never ran a Deere or cat. But my opinion is a jcb 3cx is smaller and cheaper. I priced others with similar hours and they where ether in rough shape or out of my budget.

DemoGuy96

I have 3 Case 590 Super M's. Love them way better than when I use to run 580s. Each has a grapple we use for demolition. Just recently painted the wheels gray to give them a tougher look
image.jpg
image.jpg

BlazinSS934

a2ec60caebbc52f71c552f4a6cf19850.jpg
439888afb5a809c47706d7d8c1b99519.jpg
2c47788243426fb42c230b035dd9f780.jpg

Got to run the triple nickel today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
a2ec60caebbc52f71c552f4a6cf19850.jpg
439888afb5a809c47706d7d8c1b99519.jpg
2c47788243426fb42c230b035dd9f780.jpg

Got to run the triple nickel today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be real interested to see those controls in action. May I presume it's foot swing? I briefly owned a Case hoe with three lever control, foot swing. I couldn't get used to it, and despite lubrication the foot swing was sticky. Not something you'd want to dig beside your house with. I still have the tractor, but converted to joystick.

Willie

planecrazzzy

Occupation
Operator , Cert Welder , Class "A" Truck Driver
Dig it !

You tell that instructor... Git off my Back Whoe !!! Can you Dig it !

Looks like your Out Standing in your Field !!! and the hit just keep coming ...

Practice safety always... my backhoe names ( I name them ) are always "Yellow Death"

that'll make them take a step back....

When the Dirt is willing... Here's what a hole looks like.
Took me 12 hrs to dig it because I only had three ten wheelers hauling the dirt away.
It was for three 10,000 gal tanks at a Chevron station in Livermore CA
Shallow scoops at the top kept the asphalt from breaking away from the hole too much.
Otherwise it just Heaves up...
CHECK THAT OIL !!!
Scan_20150309.jpg