• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pictures of your Backhoe!!!!!

MikeMcDigg

Thanx Trevor.
I wish a had THAT machine to start with - esp. for that amount of $$.
The ole 680 will do nicely for what I need her for though.

dwloop

Thanx Trevor.
I wish a had THAT machine to start with - esp. for that amount of $$.
The ole 680 will do nicely for what I need her for though.

Mike,
That 680 looks really nice, great job!! I have to ask, did you paint it yourself?? If so how was the the prep to do? I need to paint a 580b before long....

Dave

MikeMcDigg

yep painted her myself.
Also, new fenders were fabricated from a used 200 gallon oil-furnace tank.
The 1 tool I didn't use, but should have was a sand blaster. I spent about 1 month prepping for paint on mostly weekends and an hr. or 2 the odd evening. I bought an arm load of aerosol degreasers & a few jugs of varsol to degrease it. The prep work was done by wire wheels on grinders, some sandpaper - but mostly a turbo-jet nozzle on a 2200 p.s.i. pressure washer. That really peeled most of the loose(ish) stuff off.
I could have spent more time prepping, but the biggest pain in the butt-ocks was my decision to paint the cab a different color - ie. painted yellow inside, then blue outside - then the rest of tractor yellow. Despite many hours masking, I spent a phenomenal amount of time fixing up overspray.
BTW there's much overspray on the tires in the pics as I plan to change them soon.
good luck with the 580B
even though it's a bit smaller than this beast, you'll undoubtedly be surprised at how much surface there really is to prep and paint.

Last edited:

dwloop

Mike,

I can understand, I have rebuilt several older machines and they are always bigger than I think. As far as the sandblaster, they can make more mess than they are worth really. It sounds like a good idea, but can cause real issues with both your paint, sheet metal, and then operation after the fact.

Dave

truckerx

my new freind

hers my 580B justy after i pulled it out of my muddy field. had to drain the torque tuble and refill with fresh oil to get it to move -ive changed all the fluids and filters- amazing difference!think we are going to be freinds!

Attachments

• my new backhhoe 580B (640x382).jpg
    my new backhhoe 580B (640x382).jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,313

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Truckerx - Does look good - first time I have noticed engine side covers on a B! :thumbsup

truckerx

thanks- i think it was pretty much overhauled 8 years ago- then it sat in the woods seldom used for several years-im giving her some Tlc and hope she makes a good backyard tracter-she my first - this forum has been and incredible help!

truckerx

thanks alrman- the guy i got it from was very meticulous-took the whole tractor apart - im stunned at how smooth it runs with new filters and fresh oil- this forum showed me so many good pointers- hopefully i can help others as my experience broadens - very fortunate to have found this forum-thanks

Mace

Occupation
Operator
3200 hrs yard machine my boss likes 8000 hrs Case SL still working every day