• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pictures as promised....

Buickspec6231

In another thread I showed pictures of my recently acquired Ford 9N tractor and in the background some eagle eyed members spotted some other vehicles. These are those vehicles. There is a 1937 Mack BX (Factory Cummins Diesel), 1936 Mack BX (Gas), 1953 Dodge M37, 1969 Olds Cutlass, and 1961 Pontiac Tempest. Most of the stuff is my Father's, except the Tempest which is a parts car for my '62 Buick Special. There are a few other vehicles around the property that I will grab some pictures of and add to this thread. I am building a pole barn in the very near future and hopefully will have more of a means to work on the stuff.

IMG_20180516_185553018_HDR.jpg IMG_20180516_185623759.jpg IMG_20180516_185703479_HDR.jpg IMG_20180516_185732886.jpg

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
Cool stuff there... I always liked the looks of the BX Macks. Is the Tempest a 6cylinder overhead cam ?

Buickspec6231

Cool stuff there... I always liked the looks of the BX Macks. Is the Tempest a 6cylinder overhead cam ?
Not this one, this has a 4 Cylinder engine. Its basically just one bank off the 389. I haven't really spent much time with that one. The engine was locked right up and the unit-body rotted when I bought it, but it shares the glass, seats, and a whole bunch of other things with my Buick.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
I'm a lover of the Dodge trucks evolving from the VC 1/2 ton in very early WWII. There were shortcomings in that early half ton 4x4, so they evolved to a better 3/4 ton far less attractive than the half ton.
Days after WWII military production ended, they unveiled the Power Wagon. Marketing spun it as a substitute between car/truck, and tractor. Every imaginable accessory was available. About half were produced as cab & chassis. They received a multitude of bodies, and implements. Most anything a late forties farmer, logger, oil driller, highway crew, phone company, or power company could imagine, was built for the Power Wagon.

The Power Wagon was built for the civilian market. Little brother was a years later offering for military use. Most M37 were either canvas, or open cab. They could be lower, and stacked for shipping. M37 was shorter, narrower, and lighter than Power Wagon. Most were open backed pickups, but ambulances, carry all bodies, and a few staff cars.

Buickspec6231

That poor little M37 has been used for everything from ripping stumps out of the ground, pushing dumpster doors shut, flat towing all sorts of old trucks, and pulling my dumb-rear out of the mud more than a few times. It used to go to Hershey and Macungie, PA for shows, (not as a competitor, but as a nice casual ride in to town) but now it gets used for some snow plowing and not much else. Even though neglected, she is ready to work when you need her. That M37 is the closest thing to road worthy in the whole fleet. If Dodge had gone to overhead valve engines when Chevrolet/GMC did they would have been perfect.