• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pics of my ride

770G

So I got messing around with my iPhone and before you knew it, I had this.

My grader skills can't be criticized cause originally this was just me screwing around cleaning moldboard. But with the music added, I just had to share it :)

http://youtu.be/Ooi32e0xWQA

Radrock

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
So I got messing around with my iPhone and before you knew it, I had this.

My grader skills can't be criticized cause originally this was just me screwing around cleaning moldboard. But with the music added, I just had to share it :)

http://youtu.be/Ooi32e0xWQA

I tend to clean my moldboard all of the time like that. I hate rocks and dirt on top of it. Especially if you get rain then it cakes on there. Of course we pull slopes doing that too. That's always fun.

770G

Your lucky!!!!! I don't really get a chance to use my blade to its full potential.

I'm getting sent to test run a Volvo next Wednesday....hope they aren't thinking on takin my Deere away to give me it. I'll need to find out they're plan before I give my opinion......cause it's will definitely have a bearing on what I tell them about it ;)

Radrock

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Your lucky!!!!! I don't really get a chance to use my blade to its full potential.

I'm getting sent to test run a Volvo next Wednesday....hope they aren't thinking on takin my Deere away to give me it. I'll need to find out they're plan before I give my opinion......cause it's will definitely have a bearing on what I tell them about it ;)

I was looking at Volvo online yesterday. They have a Joystick model now. It has a steering wheel as well like the John Deere. There is a video of it on the home page of Volvo Earth Moving Equipment. I kind of like the set up better than CAT but it's hard to tell until you have hands on. It does not look like there is any wrist rotation (For Articulation and Circle Turn) Let me know which model you get to try out. They have not done anything yet on motor graders here. I finally got off of the D-8. It is suppose to go to the sale next month. It was a good ride for 5 years though. I got it brand new and put nearly 9000 hours on it. I have only been on that grader a few times in the last five years. I may have to learn all over hahaha. Keep in touch

770G

Ya this wasn't a new grader by any means!! But never used at all, it's an '05 G970 6X6 with only 143hrs on the meter. THAT'S RIGHT ONE HUNDRED FOURTY THREE HOURS!!!!!!! What the hell. It was really sluggish at low rpm but rev'd up seems ok but not the power I thought it should have. And not harnessed up for plow/wing which is pretty important for us. Oh and needs tires, lots of tread but they are hard as rocks and some cracks. Doubt the higher ups are gonna buy it but who knows.

Radrock

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Pretty low hours for an 05. Maybe nobody liked it. Haha. Ran the old 160H all day today. Gosh it is getting wore out bad. I'd probably like that Volvo haha. That 160 has over 16,000 hours now. Needless to say. My bluetopping job is looking like crap too.

770G

But good to be back in a grader I bet!! Ya i with you thinkin nobody liked it, something was just not right with it. I actually dug out this ancient dozer blade from the grass today, been sitting there for the 8 years I've been at the shed. Dang thing hooked right up to my 770, so I'm sporting a new look for awhile ;). Think the happy face needs to go though lol

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums...B-8C27-0CE0428363EB-3394-000005852CE62395.jpg

I'll be honest!!! It's a nice feature when your dump trucks can't spread worth a damn.

Radrock

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Aww, I had one of those on a 12G once. I posted some pictures here somewhere.. It was a snow plow but it sure worked good for knocking down base trucks. I really really need one of those Monday. We are base rocking a road where we replaced a couple of culverts with some big concrete box culverts. The county now wants to use Geofab on the road and you can't hardly knock it down with the grader as it wrinkles the fabric. We have an old case backhoe that I am going to have to use for the initial knockdown. I really really hate useing that damn old thing. The boss already said no to the idea of letting me try. If I had a front blade then I could do it. I even thought about trying to hang a piece of metal off of my rippers and push it backwards. I'm that determined not to use the backhoe.

770G

Lmao!!! You are determined for sure ;) don't really like back how's much eh? I don't mind running them for short times, ours is a New Holland piece of "$h!t". Wish it was a 310 Deere. Oh we'll still better than a shovel.........I hate those things lol

Radrock

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
It isn't that I don't like back hoes so much as a case back hoe. I'm long legged. 6'2" and no matter how you set the seat it is still too short and not high enough. We have a pretty new Cat hoe and it is great. Lots of leg room and a good tight machine. That case is old sloppy and is a true piece of crap. If you aren't careful when you load the bucket it will die on you when you reach the end of the cylinder. Curling up. I guess I will just have to grin and bear it.. mmmm@$&^%#&*. It will only be one day so I will probably survive.

Boy the Equipment forum has really slowed down hasn't it. Don't see hardly any new threads at all. It will probably pick up in cold weather. Well I better get outside and get busy. Nice but kind of windy day today. Cool weather hitting up there yet?

770G

Ya we had own old hoe very similar, a Ford 555. Sloppy, loose, smoked, cab leaked, seat was on a lean to the right. A real jem!!! Glad it's gone.

It is cooling off here -1 to +5 (Canadian temp) had some snow but nothing that stayed. I'm on holidays for 2 weeks for the gun hunt (whitetail)...... My 770 is gonna be a pig stye when I get back :(

Ya hopefully the motor grader threads will start Rollin soon, cause your right it sure has been dead in here

Radrock

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Here I'll toss a new thread in the motor grader forum... Slope Meter ;)

Well that thread started off good. I really like Randy's posts. I sure wish I had taken more pictures in my days. Have a good day!

770G

Ya it sure did, his posts are good. I've only ever run a slope meter2. There's a lot of other stuff out there..... Guess I've led a sheltered life so far ;) But as far as needing something more advanced for what I do, I think that would be foolish. I'm only maintaining gravel roads, shoulder grading highways, and plowing/ice blading. You guys really get to do the good stuff. Take care Radrock

Radrock

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I can tell that he has been around the block a few times. I think your job would be pretty good just as it is. I'm getting to old to try and remember all that new stuff. Heck I have enough trouble trying to remember how to tie my boots :). That Sonic Master I had kept you on your toes trying to remember when and where to adjust what. It was fun in lots of places. I'm at a point in my life where simplicity is great.. Had a pretty good day today. It was nice out so I changed the oil in my tractor and the Hydrostat oil too. It's all ready in case we have snow now. I gathered up leaves and burnt them and mulched a bunch too. I enjoy the tractor and getting away from all that other stuff :D

770G

Well simple is better for me too. I've been having many days (last 2weeks) outside enjoying life (deerhunting) and this is what makes it all worth while :)