• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Photos of old JD Adams graders on Vancouver Island

DerelictTexture

Occupation
Trying tto figure out what to do when I grow up
From a recent road trip in search of old rusty things.

The first one was easy, it was beside a road...displayed for all to see.

The second one was an incredibly lucky find on a dead end dirt road...on a property full of heavy duty old iron.

DSCN0669.JPGDSCN0671.JPGDSCN0673.JPGDSCN0674.JPGDSCN0675.JPG

DerelictTexture

Occupation
ACcrazy, this is a photo of what you asked about.

I Wiki'd "Fairbanks-Morse"..among other things, they made huge industrial engines and pumps. I don't know what this particular piece is.

DSCN1174.JPG

ACcrazy

Occupation
Mechanic
Cool! I knew Fairbanks Morse used to build smaller hit and miss stationary engines. I didn't realise they made monster motors. lol.

Thanks for all of your pics. I really enjoy them.

DerelictTexture

Occupation
Thanks ACcrazy. I sent an email to the owner of the property, to ask about the Fairbanks piece of gear.

In a day or two. I''l have a post up that features a re-furbished steam engine, a 2 cyl gas JD cat, and some really cool railway speeders...all within a few feet of each other.

stinkycat

Occupation
retired, disabled vet
Cool! I knew Fairbanks Morse used to build smaller hit and miss stationary engines. I didn't realise they made monster motors. lol.

Thanks for all of your pics. I really enjoy them.
Fairbanks Morse made and still makes very large diesel engines. The 1st 2 ships I was on had Fairbanks Morse's for main engines, a lot of the diesel submarines were powered by FM engines.