1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Photos of Dead and Abandoned Excavators

Discussion in 'Excavators' started by DerelictTexture, Jul 4, 2012.

1. DerelictTexture

DerelictTexture Senior Member

Trying tto figure out what to do when I grow up
  2. DEERE310SG

DEERE310SG Well-Known Member

Heavy Equipment Operator
    It is sad to see some of them track hoe's just siting there abandoned.

Kyle

3. DerelictTexture

Thanks for the comment. I always wonder about the day...when they turned the key off for the last time.

4. buckfever

buckfever Senior Member

Thats to bad those machines don't even look to bad in the pictures. If nothing else I know I could make use of those buckets.

5. TEC

TEC Well-Known Member

I know I've seen some of the YouTube stuff and thought with some fresh diesel, new filters, new batteries and a few bits you could be up and running. I don't know about you guys but I know for myself I don't even like to lose small tools, not sure I could walk away from a D5H, let alone a D4.

Tom

6. xcmark

xcmark Senior Member

construction
    looking at the extra armor on the boom and piston hoses maybe owned by a logging outfit ,possible no longer operation? Sad scrap steel around here is $300 a ton so that mostlikely $20000 dollars even if they have junk parts , they where parked in running condition!

7. DerelictTexture

Thanks for the comment Tom. There's enough gear on these properties to last 10 life times of rebuilding and fixing up...with prices down for machines and contracts...you can buy machines that are running for cheap. Not as classic as this stuff...but still..

8. DerelictTexture

We try not to mention "scrap" and old machines in the same breath. We like to just sit around and look at them and remember when. China won't starve for scrap while we enjoy ourselves.

9. cutting edge

cutting edge Senior Member

10. DerelictTexture

Hey cutting edge...that was right as you come into Squamish from the Vancouver side. The old Elaho logging property. If you look at the hoe on the right...in the background is the old highway...just before the improvements rolled through