• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Photos from the Lake Cowichan Logging Museum

DerelictTexture

Occupation
Trying tto figure out what to do when I grow up
Here are some of the photos from a recent road trip to Vancouver Island, in the hunt for old rusty bits of history. The museum has great displays out side ( right beside the Lake Cowichan weir ).

The interior of the museum is very well done and when you walk through the door, it's like stepping into a time machine. Fully equipped bunk houses, kitchens and offices of old time logging operations are reproduced here in great detail.

An entire section is devoted to the the high death rate of loggers in times gone by, and the efforts made to improve worker safety.

There are more photos on the blog @ http://adventuresinmikeslife.blogspot.ca/2012/08/lake-cowichan-logging-museum.html

DSCN0898.JPGDSCN0901.JPGDSCN0902.JPGDSCN0905.JPGDSCN0916.JPG

Last edited:

johnson

Man DerelictTexture,you'w got some of the best pictures around,nice to see the old stuff hasn't been forgotten and left to rust somewhere in the weeds or scraped.

DerelictTexture

Occupation
Trying tto figure out what to do when I grow up
I'm glad that you enjoy the pics. That's why I make it my business to go exploring and get the great images...so that I can share them with like minded people. It makes it all worthwhile.

After all this time, you would think that I would know better than to walk into prickle bushes with short pants, just to get a photo of a rusty machine...but no, apparently not.

I'll be gone for a few days again. back soon.

johnson

I'm glad I'm not the only one that enjoys logging and logging equipment,that's why I joined the forum.Most of my friends aren't that into logging they want to be software designers and that stuff and i say yea ill go to college yea sure but i actually want to be a logger.