• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Photo needs flipping 90 degrees

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I just copied it, used "Paint" to rotate it 90 degrees, saved it like that, and uploaded it again. Have you tried it that way?

Attachments

• 20151008_162230.jpg
    20151008_162230.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 72

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
Try Irfanview,I have used it for years,you can even print from it,resize pics,bulk resize even,every computer that I work on to sell at least gets it.I would not be without it and it is free.Ron G
http://www.irfanview.com/

Melness64

Occupation
Plant op
How are you getting on with it , i have had lots of grief with the last 3 new ones :(

Touch wood this one seems to do what it's suppose to,hydos seem spot on . Only gripe i have is the auto SRS i don't like it,auto jacks and auto idle a are a handy addition .The 62 plate i had gave some grief for the first couple of months .What model you running and whats your problems .

Sean

NH575E

Occupation
Retired Machinist
I will add a tip for rotating photos in windows without having to open them in an editor. Simply set your folder to view thumbnails and you can see which photos are sideways. Right click on the photo and select the option you want to apply.

I also use IrfanView and have for a long time but it often auto rotates a photo to view correctly and does not change the encoded position for it unless you save it. IrfanView does do a great job for resizing and most digital photos will need to be resized for upload. I set the widest value to 1080 and the save quality at 95%. This will get the file size small while keeping the viewing size and quality pretty good.

Last edited: