• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pettibone B66B Extendo hydraulic issue

sawzall5150

Occupation
Seld employed welder, fabricator,millwright,piping
Hi I’m back and still having issues with the self leveling binding up the boom raising. I have to throttle way up to get the tilt cylinder to go down and it’s extremely slow until it quits moving and if I pull back on the boom lift valve a little then the tilt will go down some more although it’s really laboring to tilt down. Tilts up perfect. On the flip side, while raising the boom it also gets hydraulic bound and quits coming up and if I tilt forks forward a little the boom will come up again. I have to repeat this several times to get boom up where needed. I’m reasonably sure it’s what I’ll call the “pilot valve” on the tilt cylinder. I bypassed the tilt cylinder all together and the boom raises perfect. I took the pilot valve apart and it was clean and looked good. Installed new o-rings and put back together and is still the same. I’m sure I got it back together right. Just took it apart again and have decided maybe it wasn’t put together right when I got the machine since it was like this when I bought it. Pettibone isn’t much help either. They call this a load lock valve I think. It’s a Fluid Controls Inc. #1E12-P4-30S284. Pettibone part #LL-1905-46. Machine serial # 5531. 03/13/1984. All I can come up with is that the part is obsolete and hitting dead ends. That’s where you all come in. Sure would be awesome if someone has a manual and a exploded view of the valve so I can make sure it’s assembled correctly. What if I just took it off and level it manually? Thanks for any help.

sawzall5150

Occupation
Never mind I found the problem! Was a blocked tiny metering hole in the port where the pilot hose connects to valve. Cleaned it with my torch tip cleaner and works perfect! Wish I had noticed that months ago.

sawzall5150

Occupation
Better late than never! Thanks anyway. I’ve been messing with this for months off and on. Sometimes you just have to walk away and do something else for a while. At least that works for me. I tend to come back with a different mindset.