• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pettibone 6044

Dallaswill

I have a Pettibone 6044 I’m working on for a friend that has no boom functions but still drives and steers. He put a new hyd pump on but still has the same problem. I can’t find a service manual anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

tractormech

No boom functions at all? No boom up,down. extend.retract? Nothing? Sounds like a pilot pressure issue. All functions don't fail at once. Sounds like nothing is getting a signal to operate. Check pilot valve pressure.

Dallaswill

Thanks I will try that. Anyone have the specs and test procedure for checking hyd pressures on this machine? I can’t find anything online

tractormech

If there's test ports it should be in the neighborhood of 400 PSI for pilot pressure. Just an educated guess. I don't know the exact specs.