• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Peterbilt identifying as Tesla . . .

Truck Shop

I like that truck because it's ugly and most everyone hates it. That design has been in
the stew pot cooking for the last three years. It's going to be great as a dump truck/
heavy haul prime rib mover. Hopefully peterbilt will stop making all the other models
and concentrate on the pile. Yup the freeways and construction sites will be covered
with them and the owners/drivers praising what a great looking driving machine this
peterwagon is with a sack on their head. :)

Simon C

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
I am with you Truck Shop. What kind of moron would buy something you can't even craul under with out a hoist. Oh I forgot , they have truck hoists all over the road in Canada for crawling under, like this morning which was minus 29 Celcius . They must have those hoists all over the road in the USA also in anticipation of these beauties hitting the road.
Common sense is gone.
Simon C

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
I can't see why they designed and built a cabin with a seat and steering wheel? Aren't all trucks going to be 100% autonomous in our brave new world?

We already have most big minesites here with fully autonomous earthmoving fleet - the autonomous trains are sneaking up on us - and we have one miner who has placed an order for a fleet of fully autonomous trucks hauling road trains full of ore, for their new iron ore mining operation.

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
I like that truck because it's ugly and most everyone hates it. That design has been in
the stew pot cooking for the last three years. It's going to be great as a dump truck/
heavy haul prime rib mover. Hopefully peterbilt will stop making all the other models
and concentrate on the pile. Yup the freeways and construction sites will be covered
with them and the owners/drivers praising what a great looking driving machine this
peterwagon is with a sack on their head. :)

Admit it, you are just mad there is nowhere to bolt the chicken sticks . . .