• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Peterbilt 379 Project

millercross3

Occupation
Traditional Farm/Ranching...Trucking/Construction
no B & W flip over ball, so nobody will see your ball showing:D when you're not using it? I saw a guy put a receiver hitch in his rear bumper setup much like yours. I thought it was quite nifty looking. Adds another useful tool for the big rig. Incase you wanted to pull your boat or something:tong She's getting closer and closer to that "fancy shmancy point"

Slammed379

no B & W flip over ball, so nobody will see your ball showing:D when you're not using it? I saw a guy put a receiver hitch in his rear bumper setup much like yours. I thought it was quite nifty looking. Adds another useful tool for the big rig. Incase you wanted to pull your boat or something:tong She's getting closer and closer to that "fancy shmancy point"

I ordered this darn thing with a chrome ball and I got this thing, lol. Whatever, not a show truck :)

millercross3

Occupation
Traditional Farm/Ranching...Trucking/Construction
Me too...the good weld or all the poopy ones:lmao Just kidding Slammed, I just couldn't resist. Hey I just noticed that that there truck ya got, have one of them canadian spreads eh? (no offense to any canadian that took offense to the "eh" reference)...we all have quirks about us that make us all great!:drinkup if barney still exists, he should have that learning saying on there..then everybody can hug afterwards:falldownlaugh
I'm confused, but that happens easily, lol. Which weld you mean?

Fastdirt

Looking great Slammed. I wish I had your shop to play in. You are really deep in this project and I realize it's a ton of hard work. The 379exhd is my all time favorite.

PhxMatInc

Any suggestions for rear suspension? Saw u made a swap in the pics but no walk thru?

Truck looks absolutely perfect and is done w a lot of taste...

Slammed379

Any suggestions for rear suspension? Saw u made a swap in the pics but no walk thru?

Truck looks absolutely perfect and is done w a lot of taste...

Thank you. Feel free to ask me any questions you want about the rear suspension. Basically, I replaced the lower air bag mounts with mounts that are flat instead of the factory ones that have a 3" rise in them. That was worth 3 inches. Then I shaved an inch off the base of each air bag base, that was worth an inch. Then I relocated the shocks because they bottomed out when in the factory position.