• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Peterbilt 379 Project

Fastdirt

I was just going along with multiracer's comment :beerchug :D

Adding 31", gonna be 251" :D

Well ironically very interesting. I just wet from 252" to 220" by moving the susp. up 32".

Still inspired by your project, it looks great. Its going to look even more slammed stretched out. I think you did the right thing for this truck. Don't stop LOl.

Slammed379

Well ironically very interesting. I just wet from 252" to 220" by moving the susp. up 32".

Still inspired by your project, it looks great. Its going to look even more slammed stretched out. I think you did the right thing for this truck. Don't stop LOl.

No Way! lol After I insert the sleeves and get everything locked in, it actually might end up being 252" lol

Thank you!

Mike Mc

Occupation
Oilfields
Going to look nice! Do you preheat the frame before welding? How much does frame material cost?

DoyleX

Occupation
Lever Puller, Gear Jammer, Pipe Twister
Now the end result is spectacular! Just what it needed. Good to see somebody that dose it right.

Slammed379

Going to look nice! Do you preheat the frame before welding? How much does frame material cost?

Thank you! No pre-heat before welding, but we did support the frame so it wouldn't sag during welding. The frame sleeves were $560.00.

Mike Mc

Occupation
Oilfields
Are the frame sleeves temporary to keep it square for welding or are they perminate?

If the sleeves are peminate are they really necessary with how you welded the frames diagonally?