• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Perkins/PT 100 turbo gone @ 600hrs.

ironjunkie

This is for a good buddy of mine, he (see title) but is out of warranty as far as time goes. He is the orig owner & I don't know if he's been in touch with the dealer. I occasionally see posts here about Perkins, but at the time, I was not aware of his trroubles, & did not read them. Is there problems with Perkins engines & any suggestions on the turbo situaton?

Digdeep

That 4.4L engine is a good engine and is still used in CAT backhoes and telehandlers. I would have your buddy talk to his local dealer about a low hour turbo failure even though his machine is out of warranty. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

durallymax

I'd be looking into why it failed to make sure you do not ruin a new one immediately. If it is just out of warranty, talk to the dealer. YOu can get a lot of them to help you out with enough pushing. If nothing else they will at least go down to their cost.

MrKomatsu

Can any one her help me with valve clearances on a1004c-4tl engine?
I think its a 100 series..any help will be appreceaited