• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pegson and Brown Lenox Crushing plant product support

Danny2354usa

Hello all

I did my apprenticeship at Pegson in its original location of Coalville in the uk, Spent time in parts/service/warranty depts. Took an opportunity later to move to their USA distributor to help build the product profile over here (Since they were purchased by Terex) as well as worked at the NY dealer for a year also. 20 years all in all.
I have a lot of general knowledge of the machines and many contacts, I know pretty much all the dealers and aftermarket suppliers. Now work for myself and have the time to talk/help, Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have, I know how difficult/frustrating it can be to find someone that understands your needs, Hence this post :)

Email: DRWcrusherservices@gmail.com
Tel: 502 777 3167 Danny williams

Ref to the following machine types in particular :-
22x32 - AKA 800x550 in Europe and Container plant
24x36 - AKA 900x600 in Europe and Metrotrak
26x44 - AKA 1100x650 in Europe and Premiertrak - And the HA/HR variants (Hydraulic adjust and Hydraulic Release respectively)
32x44 - AKA 1100x800 in Europe and Premiertrak
32x44SHD - AKA 1100x800 Superduty in Europe
XA400 / XR400 / 400S - Replacement of the 26x44 Jaw
428 Impactor
4242SR Impactor
1412 Impactor
1000 Maxtrak Cone
1300 Maxtrak Cone
1500 Cone
1000SR Maxtrak Cone
Some of the newer Powerscreen models XH250 / XH320 / XH500 / XA750 etc
Most Brown Lenox Jaws / Impactors / Cones

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
Danny, thank you for offering your services. I bought my first pegson crusher last year to repair-rent-resell. I would like to eventually transfer 100% of my time and efforts to the creating a productive second life to these machines. I will have lots of "dumb" questions to ask you. TIO

Danny2354usa

No problem mate, And don't worry any questions at all will be good, I'm passionate about these machines since they've been such a large chunk of my life .Sounds like a good idea you have there, I've pretty much done a similar thing in that i'm now trying to keep them supported in the US (With all the changes made at factory/corporation levels its not easy to find now)
Should have most stuff covered for machines from say early 90's to around 2009 or so but even older ones we should be able to work thru
We became the world leader during that time. In terms of information / parts availability, The Tracks / Non Cat Engine parts and some Electrical stuff can be hard to find so we'd really have to get as much info for that stuff as we can to get it right first time but the rest should all be pretty easy
Looking forwards to some questions :)

theironoracle

Occupation
Danny,
Is there such thing as a service/repair manual for these machines? Something with disassembly/assembly instructions? Or troubleshooting? Or systems operations? I have experienced, seen and been told the 26x44 jaw is a lemon in regards to shaft and bearings being way undersized, is this true? TIO

theironoracle

Occupation
Danny,
In regards to the jaws, it appears their we're about 90% 26x44 premiertraks sold to 10% metrotraks in the US? Is this about accurate? Why? Thanks, TIO

Danny2354usa

Yes there are operation manuals and service/repair manuals for the 26x44 and it was the Jaw that sold the most into the US, Not sure if that ratio of 9:1 is accurate but it probably wouldn't be far off compared to the Metrotrak, Simply because the 26x44 is a physically bigger machine, Bigger Engine, Bigger feed size more throughput etc. 26x44 suited the US market more so than the smaller metro did which probably sold more in Europe (I'd moved here by that time so cant be certain but a rough guess)
In terms of shafts/bearings etc, They did make a few changes over the years due to standard development, One was ref to an issue where a spacer would spin on the shaft, so they came up with a dowel to stop that But in my honest opinion working in the warranty and parts dept over here as I did from 2001-2010 or so and previously at the factory, Most failures of that nature were attributed to issues that I put in the other thread, IE greasing, maintenance etc They don't differ from other manufacturers equipment in that the maintenance schedule is very important. That said with all the changes that came with rapid growth i'd imagine that some of the data floating about is either out dated or didn't make it to customers via dealers, Plus it didn't take long for people to start copying parts without knowing the material spec, All kinds of factors came into play which might have confused things, I was buried in OEM - Dealer issues so didn't always get to speak first hand with customers so I guess we'll all learn another side of it now

Danny2354usa

While its on my mind ref the spacer/dowel change in 2005 they did change the part number of the shaft also (made a few dimensional changes to accommodate the new spacers) So in theory any machines built after 2005 should have the most up to date shaft/spacer set up, Any built during or prior to 2005 could have the older original style or could have since been retrofitted with the newer style had there been a shaft failure
If you want to check, They stamp the part number into the end faces of the shaft (Should be both ends but lets assume they atleast did it on the drive side), You can see it by removing the flywheel end cap in the centre (should have a big red arrow painted on it and be about the size of a Dinner plate but thicker), Its held on with 2 bolts and a Bent tab washer to stop them spinning out, As well as a little dowel to align it when refitting, Should come off pretty easily and allow you to see the part number in the end of the shaft, Goes back on the same way it came off and only fits one way
Old shaft number would have been 600/2010 or 600/2054 and the newest one would be 600/2248

Danny2354usa

Another quick reminder (Since i'm logged in) Should anyone have or be looking to buy a 2nd hand Pegson crushing plant or early Powerscreen, Older Brown Lenox etc, Send me a quick email per above and i'll help out with information and save you $ on replacement parts. Happy Crushing!