1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Pc360lc-10 final drive slop

Discussion in 'Excavators' started by steve waldner, Jul 25, 2021.

1. steve waldner

steve waldner Well-Known Member

I have this 2012 360-10 10k hrs
    New sprocket and rails (oem) but the tracks walk back and forth 2 “ when working , it drives me nuts . Had the planetaries apart and completed the insides to new parts , hardly a difference if any . Is it possible the motor brake is not grabbing right and it uses hydraulic oil of the motor to brake the drive ? Both seam the same . The sun gears are tight . The other gear set connects to motor with shaft , so if motor would brake the outer gear should not move . Unless there is a lot of slop , but we compared the inside parts to brand new ones we ordered , just to compare , no difference . Would love a little advice . It has gotten worse over the last couple years . I can post a video if u want me too . Thank you

Attached Files:

2. skyking1

skyking1 Senior Member

Watching this with interest. I have not seen much of this problem before.

3. Kobelco ireland

Kobelco ireland Senior Member

Mechanic
    Seen something similar before and found a small bit of wear between the rotating group and the shaft in the motor. The small bit ot wear on the splines inside the motor multiplied out through the final drive to allow quite a bit of movement on outer hub

4. funwithfuel

funwithfuel Senior Member

Mechanic
    Before tearing stuff apart, i would have someone observe from the side. Is it chain to sprocket or is it the sprocket turning.

5. steve waldner

Was thinking exactly the same

6. steve waldner

Hopefully some experts will give advice

7. steve waldner

Sprocket 99%

skyking1 likes this.
  8. steve waldner

But when I had them apart , I stuck the shaft into the moter and didn’t feel slop , but didn’t try with a big pliers ,to see if I can rock back and forth , the outer gear set walks from 12:00 to about 3:00 before being really tight with second gear set via the second sun gear , but I had brand new outer gear set and the second sun gear fit exactly the same in the old vs new , and the sun gear showed 0 wear , the second gear set it 99% tight . So I think the slop comes from in between gear set 1 to gear set 2 , but couldn’t find anything odd, will tear one apart again and really check it out . I spot welded the gear ring to the frame so it don’t fall apart when taking long bolts out , I put 2 bolts back and had someone rock back and forth while I watched . Didn’t make video . Gotta be fixable .

9. Vetech63

Vetech63 Senior Member

Thats too much to me. It must be something you are overlooking.

mg2361 and Kobelco ireland like this.
  10. Kobelco ireland

Mechanic
    ^^^^ like vetech63 said that's seems like a lot of movement.

11. steve waldner

Will tear apart and shoot a video .

12. steve waldner

13. steve waldner

And this wasn’t bad , I just jerked stick back and forth , drives me crazy , will take cover off , put some bolts back and make another video and see where slop is coming from .

14. Kobelco ireland

Mechanic
    From what I can see the most of your movement is the chain moving on the sprocket and the track chain adjustment seems a little loose to me.

Vetech63 and John C. like this.
  15. Hydraumind

Hydraumind Well-Known Member

Remove the final drive oil plug and check the magnet and the oil color. When removing the cover check the play of the main (1st stage) carrier

16. steve waldner

What’s a good way to check this , as I have had the cover off ?

17. Hydraumind

The main carrier (4 gear planetary) is static. It is mounted on the motor body and mesh with teeth, try to rotate the carrier cw and ccw to check for backlash.
    As the cover is removed, remove the sun gear and test the machine like you did in the video and check if the motor output is rotating. A good way to test also is to relief any work equipment while looking at the motor output, in case the travel pr. compensator is defected

18. steve waldner

Can u explain a little more on the compensator ?

19. Hydraumind

Compensator allow to use more than one actuator at the same time.
    Compensators are located on the main control valve close to each pilot cap toward the outlet (two for each spool).
    If you are familiar with CLSS system, you have to do the necessary testing to decide if the problem comes from travel motor and final drive or from control valve.

20. Vetech63

Vetech63 Senior Member

That looks like pin and bushing wear to me. Show us the really bad video of this.

John C. and Kobelco ireland like this.