• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

PC200LC-8 Tracking issues

Pauly17

I'm having an issue with my left track on my excavator. If I go in full speed with both tracks, all works fine. If I back out 1/2 way with the left pedal to turn still good but when I go to push pedal back to full the machine will track slow. If I touch any control (hand or pedal) it will return to full speed. This only happens with the left pedal and no other controls. Everything works fine other than this issue. I replaced the Pilot controller under the cab with no luck. From my understanding, there is a pump for each track, but this seems to be like a solenoid is hanging up or something of that nature. Also reading there is a merge valve when I touch another control will cause the machine to equally divide the hydraulic power to all the controls including the tracks so when this happens everything goes back to normal and the tracks work correctly... Any help with this would be appreciated.

Last edited:

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Do you have any fault codes on the monitor panel? Do you know how to get into the diagnostics menu? Here is a video that show how.

You can monitor both pump pressures from the monitor panel while you are making the problem happen.

Pauly17

Do you have any fault codes on the monitor panel? Do you know how to get into the diagnostics menu? Here is a video that show how.

You can monitor both pump pressures from the monitor panel while you are making the problem happen.
Ok so I was playing with this today and when you drive with both track full forward or backward both front and rear pumps pump the same numbers. If you go to turn and and go full again the rear pump will pump 1/3 of the front pump. Touch any other control and will go right back to full forward and both pumps will pump the same again. No change in the engine rpm when it goes in slow mode either. If you start off full forward both pumps will be identical in speed and pump numbers. This will only do this if you try to turn to the left and then go back to full forward. I'm going to rebuild the swing manifold as its weeping a little but this seems more to me that its a solenoid hanging up. There was 3 fault codes I'll post below in the electrical section but nothing in the mechanical other than low water level. Any help would be appreciated!

John C.

Occupation
Now check the relief pressure on each track without running the other. Do you know to use a pin between the sprocket and frame to lock up the motor? You will want to get both directions.

Pauly17

IMG_3688.jpeg
Now check the relief pressure on each track without running the other. Do you know to use a pin between the sprocket and frame to lock up the motor? You will want to get both directions.

No I don't and not really sure why you would want me to do this? What are you looking for?

John C.

Occupation
You need to know if the relief valve pressures in the motors are close to the same in all directions. You need to eliminate the motors as a problem.

Pauly17

Ok so I'm back looking at the problem and here is what I've done so far I rebuilt swing manifold and that was in good shape. I changed the 4 Travel Compensators. I changed the 2 speed solenoid and that still did not do anything. I unplugged the Travel Controller Solenoid and now the problem went away! I did swap out the Travel Control solenoid with the old 2 speed solenoid and that didn't work either. The only way this works good is without the Travel Controller solenoid plugged in. Any ideas what might be causing this. It only effects the left peddle operation both forward and backward. Everything else works as it should. TIA