1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

PC-150LC-6 Travel Motor

Discussion in 'Excavators' started by 59muskeg, Apr 23, 2019.

1. 59muskeg

59muskeg Member

please see the attached pic. This is a Komatsu PC 150LC-6. Hydraulic fluid leaking from the small torx screw or the large hex. Area circled in Red. Not a bad leak now but enough to leak down & out the cover. Any thoughts. Thank you,

Attached Files:

2. Tones

Tones Senior Member

land clearing contractor
    Under the hex head there is usually a O ring that is in a recess. It may be bad and a easy fix.

3. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    I'm not familiar with that particular travel motor. I suspect that might be part of the counterbalance with a big spring underneath that cap. Maybe someone has a parts book on the motor itself.

4. uffex

uffex Senior Member

Admin
    Good day
    I would endorse JC comments attached is an exploded view sorry the quality is not so good
    Kind regards
    Uffex Kom Track motor.jpeg

5. 59muskeg

59muskeg Member

Are you meaning the large hex head ? Wish I had a parts breakdown and I would not have to bug you guys on strait forward items. If you are referring to the large hex head it sure is tight.

6. Silveroddo

Silveroddo Well-Known Member

I had the same issue with the same machine, and while the finer details are fuzzy I remember we corrected it with an o-ring, I think it was coming from the larger nut. Clean it up with parts cleaner, lift that side of the machine with the boom and have someone run the track while you watch for the leak, shouldn't take long to show up.

7. 59muskeg

59muskeg Member

Thank you. I will have a closer look. I do know that nut is on some tight.

8. Silveroddo

Silveroddo Well-Known Member

Also you should probably stock up on O-rings to. I think I had 3 in a row after the 1st one. I remember one being up under the swing circle and leaking lightly down the hose behind that cover and taking awhile to figure out that it wasn't coming from the vicinity of the motor.

59muskeg likes this.
  9. 59muskeg

59muskeg Member

Thank you

10. Tones

Tones Senior Member

land clearing contractor
    Yep, under the large hex head.