1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

paving without any equipment

Discussion in 'Pavers' started by BradyHill1, Mar 25, 2011.

1. BradyHill1

BradyHill1 Well-Known Member

we paved this driveway apron today by hand. we only had shovels, borrowed a rake, and had a single drum roller....I think it came out ok though.....we're not professionals and don't claim to be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m56IH5NBYnc

2. dscont

dscont Active Member

ok i guess hard to tell

3. jazzyjeffer

jazzyjeffer New Member

Was that base its hard to tell. How small of a roller did you use?(weight wise)

4. Brettski

Brettski New Member

Pretty good joint...looks like hl8 ....hard to see the mix up close

5. louisejane

louisejane Member

How you made it through? I just can't figure it out.:eek:

6. jughead

jughead Senior Member

retired
    no matter how it is done no paving job is any better than the base under it. we paved my parking lot which is 75 ft square with cold pack 25 years ago and in the last 3 years a few cracks have begun to show. had a pro do the 200 ft driveway 12 years ago and it is already cracking. we did the parking lot with a pick-up truck, rakes, shovel and small hand roller

7. louisejane

louisejane Member

Thanks for your kind response. I now understand.