• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pathetic operator

Deere9670

Occupation
Farm equipment operator
[-Agent-];97676 said:
Thumbless excavators are worthless. Even our 315 with a compactor plate has a thumb, so does our 320 that just digs trenches.

Thats gotta be the most stupid quote that I have ever heard:pointhead

d4c24a

Worthless

dont come to the uk agent as 99% of UK machines must be worthless two, as thumbs are as rare as rocking horse poo over here :D

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
[-Agent-];97701 said:
And get a thumb?

Job I just came off of we are hitting nothing but boulders and mammoth rocks, not one hoe has a thumb on it, and we're doing just fine getting 7-8 foot or bigger boulders into rock trucks with a 6 foot bucket. Just ask bigcatpip, he's running the 345 ME on that job. Thumbs come in handy for demo or clearing maybe, but they aren't the end all be all:cool2

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
That for sure a lot of time thumbs just get in the way if the hoe isn't used for demo, clearing, or placing large rocks.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
You guys seem to forget that [-Agent-] has seen it all and done it all at the wise old age of 14. If he says they are worthless without a thumb, then they must be!!:lmao

Last edited:

[-Agent-]

COPPA
Occupation
Student
You guys seem to forget that [-Agent-] has seen it all and done it all at the wise old age of 14. If he says they are worthless without a thumb, then they must be!!:lmao

I agree with your statement. I have seen it all and done it all, at the age of 14! :lmao:umno:guns ;)

Although I have never driven a machine with out a thumb and it comes in handy for EVERYTHING. Excavators without thumbs look funny anyway. :D:rolleyes:

Although I have seen cascade scraper roll around on his roller. :p I bet YOU haven't done that. :p

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
[-Agent-];97779 said:
I agree with your statement. I have seen it all and done it all, at the age of 14! :lmao:umno:guns ;)

Perfect example of youthful arrogance.:pointhead

[-Agent-];97779 said:
Although I have never driven a machine with out a thumb and it comes in handy for EVERYTHING. Excavators without thumbs look funny anyway. :D:rolleyes:

Agent - I for one am tired of you coming on this board spouting drivel about the machines you have "driven". I am not even wasting forum space explaining why and when a thumb needs to be on a machine - since you have seen it all and done it all, you should know.:rolleyes: (Hint THEY ARE NOT GOOD FOR EVERYTHING):pointhead

It's obivious that you didn't learn anything from your last HEF sponsored vacation........

d4c24a

when you mature agent you may become a operator ,so the machines can be operated and not driven ,then you may gain initiative and common sense :rolleyes: then again you may not :D

that will be the last correspondence you will get from me :ban
good luck with what you choose to do in life
a politician may be a good career for you :D

landrvrnut22

Occupation
Field Superintendent
If you click on his username, there is a link on his profile page that say, "Add Agent to your ignore list"

Just a little hint.

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Aggregate Utility, Maintence Welder
I have ran an excavator since I was 15 and am now 24 and have never even been on one with a thumb and honestly never had a problem loading stumps, rocks, concrete slabs and such into the bucket. Now I will fully admit that I got my rear chewed quite hard the first time I used the track as a place to "help" the rock into the bucket with. Honestly, I've always belived the best operators are the ones that make do with what they have to work with and are able to figure out how to do things the most simple way. Now don't get started on saying well you can't load dump trucks with a dozer and so on and so forth. If you don't have it, make do without.

Trbo

hvy 1ton

I've been reading this forum since i was 2004. I didn't sign up for a years b/c i didn't have anything constructive to add and knew it. I am gonna be 20 in 2 months and still don't know much compared to most of the guys on here. You notice i've never bragged about how many hours i have, or what machines i've run, or even what i own. A few users on here need to figure out they're still in school, so go learn something. :ban

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
To be honest, what with me still in school, I have learnt a lot about equipment that is completely foreign to me, such as the thumb idea. I have never seen thumbs except for on TV, and most of our operators will curl the rock against the boom. I would say that they are useful, but a thumb doesn't make an excavator.

Although, I have to say, I got that 'add him to your ignore list' last night and I was not impressed. Add him to your ignore list if he irritates you, but I mean, come on, we all are entitled to our own opinions, and every one can be arrogant, we just have to put up with it.

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
I've been reading this forum since i was 2004. I didn't sign up for a years b/c i didn't have anything constructive to add and knew it. I am gonna be 20 in 2 months and still don't know much compared to most of the guys on here. You notice i've never bragged about how many hours i have, or what machines i've run, or even what i own. A few users on here need to figure out they're still in school, so go learn something. :ban

i dont know who your talking about but im still in high school and i dont go around putting my opinions where they arent needed im just trying to learn some stuff and share my pictures

dayexco

well, now that agent's bloodied up and licking his wounds in the corner...altho arrogant, he sounds like a nice young man. we've all been that age, and those of us w/exposure to equipment that young...were/are cocky. he'll learn, just like we're all learning everyday. cut the kid a break

humboldt deere

Occupation
general building and engineering contractor
When I was younger I thought I knew everything, and nobody was gonna tell me otherwise, that's why I dont work for my dad anymore. I wish I could go back and do things different, but it seems I usually learn by screwing up(sometimes big) and then doing it right next time. So the lesson here is, When somebody older and more experienced gives advice theres a good chance that you should take it, and take it without an attitude no matter what your age or experience level. :cool:

Deas Plant

The AWFUL burden of youth.

Hi, Folks.
Bean thair, dunn thatt, got the experience to prove it.

One of the GREAT burdens of youth - although not ALL youth - is that many of them are "full of all the knowledge and wisdom that only the young can possess".

One of the great burdens of gaining experience and learning how little you really do know is that you tend to forget that you once knew it all.