• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pathetic operator

[-Agent-]

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Some of these pictures make me sick. I don't see how anyone can say "oh I didn't see that". I learned, LOOK BEFORE YOU MOVE. Even swinging, I know what is back there, but to make sure no one has put something there Look in your mirrors while you swing, its not that hard. It is all laziness really. They just want to get the job done with the least amount of work, so who wants to move that stump you just set there that you may hit when you don't really need to. I see no reason that the step on that 1st post should be bent, how do you even do that.

It is just sad to see equipment banged up, there is no explanation, if I ran a business that guy would be operating the new fancy shovel with the nice wooden handle. Does anyone care about the machine that gets them food on the table. No because if they "accidentally" bang it up they will just keep on going untill they get a new machine, but the new machine is unnecessary, work with what you have and keep it good as new as long as you can. As I saw a post earlier, a excavator that is just digging dirt should never be banged up, how is that even possible unless you hit another piece of machinery, it is just dumb how people do this. Do any of these idiots have common sense?

Also, I got a nice pair of Cat Steel Toed Boots, very comfy, I test them once in a while by having my brother stand on them (he is a big boy).

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
i have a picture of a cat 345bl, the counter weight had a hole in it.

i will post a picture of it later

Ha we have one of those too. Well its not quite completely through but close.

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Here's one I took a picture of the other day, How can you put dents in the counterweight that bad and not feel it. I mean some were over an 1 inch or 2 deep!

Attachments

• 012-3.jpg
    012-3.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 537

hoeman600

Occupation
yellow thingy moverer
this is my counterweight after 10,00 hrs we take great pride in how our machines look. most of us either wipe or wax almost daily. and most have touch up paint just in case

Attachments

• 100_4410.jpg
    100_4410.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 881

[-Agent-]

COPPA
Occupation
Student
this is my counterweight after 10,00 hrs we take great pride in how our machines look. most of us either wipe or wax almost daily. and most have touch up paint just in case

Thats what all machines should look like! Although I hate the older rectangle cab on those cats. I like the new design. But anyway, nice paint job! Almost like new.

stepsideclyde

Occupation
Construction equipment mechanic
Lookin' at it from a maintenance standpoint, it is very frustrating to have a machine brought in for work, and have the owner rave about bent panels, scratched counter weights, and filth in the cab. You guys fix this up, he says, and I will make sure this will never happen again. So we clean the cabs, pressure wash the machine repaint the counterweights, new decals. less than 2 weeks the machine is a mess, and the next year it comes in for annual check, we get the same speech from the owner! It is like ground hog day.

tc

mikef87

Occupation
owner/operator/mechanic/laborer/truck driver
Machines will get dents and dings from working on tight site jobs or out in the street. But these machines are uncalled for. It looks like a D11 ran into some of them.

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
this is a brand new 345c and its so scratched up, its horrible :mad:

Attachments

• deadwood 192.jpg
    deadwood 192.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 733
  • deadwood 181.jpg
    deadwood 181.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 736

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
You thing thats bad I won't show our 345c or our brand new 325 that had the access door was torn off.

dayexco

little paint knocked off a counterweight? sometimes it can't be helped...that's why they make rattle cans of matching paint...touch it up in the winter when it's not making money

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
d11rcd do you operate one? or just a fan:beatsme they bought a new pc400 where i work, in the first week a guy who is a boss i might add, was giving her a whirl got too close to a wall and dented and scratched the **** out of the counterbalance, i wasnt there but the size of the dent was unreal

Last edited:

xcavater

When being hard pressed for production day in day out .... at the start of the job I would occasionaly back into my gravel saver. But 1700 hrs what a mess

trenchman

How your equipment looks usually tells a lot about the company, if it's beat up and abused do you really want to hire these guys :confused:, I wouldn't. Now if it's been taken care of and respected then that's the guy I'd want to hire, Someone that will respect my property and do a great job. I'm not saying we all need new equipment to get jobs, Just keep what you have looking nice.

D11RCD

COPPA Member
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
d11rcd do you operate one? or just a fan:beatsme they bought a new pc400 where i work, in the first week a guy who is a boss i might add, was giving her a whirl got too close to a wall and dented and scratched the **** out of the counterbalance, i wasnt there but the size of the dent was unreal
I don't actually operate one, but am a REALLY big fan of the 330s and 345s!
I asked because of the thumb.
Thanks,
D11RCD

[-Agent-]

COPPA
Occupation
Student
I don't actually operate one, but am a REALLY big fan of the 330s and 345s!
I asked because of the thumb.
Thanks,
D11RCD

Thumbless excavators are worthless. Even our 315 with a compactor plate has a thumb, so does our 320 that just digs trenches.

dayexco

[-Agent-];97676 said:
Thumbless excavators are worthless. Even our 315 with a compactor plate has a thumb, so does our 320 that just digs trenches.

depends on what you do with your excavator...we're strictly water/sewer...no need for a thumb, it'd just be in the way.