• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Parts for a little old F3L912 Duetz Injection Pump Needed

Parts

Folks we have a little paver engine coming in that is filling the crank case with diesel fuel. Old F3L912 deutz. I am told it could be leaking plungers in the pump. Does anyone have a source for these parts that they could share?

aongheas.macask

Occupation
ex service manager
Folks we have a little paver engine coming in that is filling the crank case with diesel fuel. Old F3L912 deutz. I am told it could be leaking plungers in the pump. Does anyone have a source for these parts that they could share?
Check the diaphragm in the lift pump first

Parts

Sorry should have mentioned that I went on-site and installed a new lift pump. It is still filling up the crankcase fast. The engine will only start and hold a fairly low RPM for a little and then eventually run out of steam from low injection pressure and want to shut down. I know the lift pump and its diaphragm are good but I am not exactly certain what on the injection pump is leaking that much into the pan. Again I was told plungers but if anyone can confirm or add to that diagnosis with other things it could be I would be appreciative.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
The p&b’s are specific to each pump.. u HAVE TO go by the Bosch 10 digit part number inorder to get the correct ones..
There are pumps on eBay for less than 600.00.. u might b miles ahead just getting a new pump.
UNLESS your skilled, leave it to the pros..
SPECIAL TOOLS ARE REQUIRED..

Parts

Ok found the plungers via the pump number. Now lets discuss replacement lol! I need to get a delivery valve socket for sure. Once they're out of the way is removal and reassembly the same?

Parts

They shouldn’t be splined.??
A simple 22mm or 7/8 will remove the holders.
U r working on an A pump, right.??
I had been working on a splined pump and must have been dreaming delivery valves when I wrote that :D. Yeah they're hex. Its a PES3 pump which I think predates the A-pump a bit?
And ur gonna need a pump AND governor kits..
Ok I'll see if the shop had that. If not do you stock those kits for sale? Any way to do the plungers with the pump on engine or is it definitely coming off?