• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

partial demo

eianewb

was just reading a different thread by one of you about a house demo you did with the 750k house next door and it got me thinking... i just did one that was attached to a house. lol.

you guys might remember a while ago i was asking about doing a partial house demo. well i finally did it and it all went to plan. it was single story and only 750 sq ft, but it was on the ground and i was driving on the pile to compact it in 8 mins.

had 30 yd dumpsters, 3 of them, filled and hauled out in 3 hr. i was waiting on the driver a little while, but not too long. it was an old house that was originally brick, and the walls were bout 16-18 in thick. there was a lot of wood and shingles and brick all mixed up, but i really didn't care much as i just wanted it down and outa there cause it was my own house and i was tired of looking at it. i didn't do much sorting, just squished and broke it up and loaded out.

the next day i dug up just a lil more of the stone foundation and hauled a couple dumptruck loads out to my dads farm. luckily i could leave it as it was then cause we were diggin a new foundation shortly afterwards.

i do have pics, but they are on my other computer, i'll try to figure out how to post them sometime soon.

Wolf

How old was that house that you wrecked? Sounds pretty old with walls that thick.

eianewb

1880s ish dont know for sure. the people we bought it from tried tuck pointing the brick to no avail, and so they added styrofoam insulation as well as furring strips and vinyl siding. it sure dont look that old now, but in tearing into it sure seems like it.

was just thinking too... i think it was about 1200 bucks for the 3 30yd cans. they were of course overweight, but i think that is pretty inline with what has been mentioned on here.

this has been a fun project for me, i think that it might be something id like to pursue more, how do you guys find house demo jobs? i got to do this one since it was my own house and a tree fell on this part, and i have one lead from doing this demo, so i guess i impressed one guy, lol.

eianewb

pics, maybe?

gonna try to get some pics, bear with me.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 251
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 246
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 247
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 245
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 246

eianewb

more

hey, cool, it worked on the first try.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 246
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 246
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 246
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 252
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 248

eianewb

last ones

last ones.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 244
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 246
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 246
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 247
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 246

Excavator759

Occupation
excavator, demolition, site work contractor
fun fun....you probably got more for that partial than we are getting for a full house out here. sometimes i wonder why i waste my time bidding these things now. old sk130 looks good though!