• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Parking brake light Cat 914g

Mcat914g

What else than parking brake does this warn for?

Attachments

• 14F849B6-7DFE-4006-A58B-AE18F60E592E.jpeg
    14F849B6-7DFE-4006-A58B-AE18F60E592E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Do you have a S/N for this machine?

To the best of my knowledge it only indicates the parking brake is on but if I could check the wiring diagram I might be able to see something else.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Based on the 9WM prefix posted on an earlier thread this is what the O&M Manual says ...........

upload_2022-1-13_20-46-48.png

It's a pretty simple parking brake, manually applied with a cable. I would question if the switch that applies the "Brake on" light is defective or alternatively not adjusted correctly. If that's not the case then maybe the neutral signal from the transmission control direction has gone AWOL.

The parking brake is on the rear side of the front axle housing. The braking force is applied with a lever and a cable assembly. The parking brake is manually actuated. This is done by pulling upward on a lever assembly that is operated by hand.

Attachments

• Parking Brake Switch.pdf
    636 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Mcat914g

Based on the 9WM prefix posted on an earlier thread this is what the O&M Manual says ...........

View attachment 251972

It's a pretty simple parking brake, manually applied with a cable. I would question if the switch that applies the "Brake on" light is defective or alternatively not adjusted correctly. If that's not the case then maybe the neutral signal from the transmission control direction has gone AWOL.

The parking brake is on the rear side of the front axle housing. The braking force is applied with a lever and a cable assembly. The parking brake is manually actuated. This is done by pulling upward on a lever assembly that is operated by hand.

Okei, thought maybe it had more to it. Some kind of pressure og warn brakes alarm. Thanks Nige