• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Painting old 580 CK with brush and roller....pics.

Gasnoil

Hey "1968 Case 580CK", I finally started my ROPS build! The pics you shared were an amazing help in my design.Check out my time lapse video of the ROPS,fender build and restoration part 1 and 2. More to come every weekend. Thanks again "crazeyspivey". Cheers!
Part 1

Part 2

1968 Case 580CK

Hey GasnOil.....Man, you work is utterly amazing, and your time-lapse video is totally awesome!!!! You are doing some incredible work on the old Case, and have more "get up and go" than most of the lazy bazzterds amongst us these days. Big round of applause for your work, and for taking the time to make the videos!!!!

I want to spend more time on the videos, but I did notice that you painted the ROPS yellow, then after welding the top, you went with black. Was that yellow just too bright? I recall that I had to buy the standard yellow, and then have it mixed with some brown and red to get that mellow-yellow Case color. Also, you are lucky to have a tall garage door entry....but not by much. Did you make your ROPS a bit lower than mine so you can get her into the garage? Thats the trouble with my ROPS.....so darn high, I have to keep her outside and built a wood frame to go over the body, and then tarps over that.....a big effort to untarp and re-tarp and tie down. Hoping someday to have a shop tall enuff like yours.

Fenders....great job on those....better than the "clamshell" fenders that came stock like mine are.

Talk to you soon.

Gasnoil

Hey GasnOil.....Man, you work is utterly amazing, and your time-lapse video is totally awesome!!!! You are doing some incredible work on the old Case, and have more "get up and go" than most of the lazy bazzterds amongst us these days. Big round of applause for your work, and for taking the time to make the videos!!!!

I want to spend more time on the videos, but I did notice that you painted the ROPS yellow, then after welding the top, you went with black. Was that yellow just too bright? I recall that I had to buy the standard yellow, and then have it mixed with some brown and red to get that mellow-yellow Case color. Also, you are lucky to have a tall garage door entry....but not by much. Did you make your ROPS a bit lower than mine so you can get her into the garage? Thats the trouble with my ROPS.....so darn high, I have to keep her outside and built a wood frame to go over the body, and then tarps over that.....a big effort to untarp and re-tarp and tie down. Hoping someday to have a shop tall enuff like yours.

Fenders....great job on those....better than the "clamshell" fenders that came stock like mine are.

Talk to you soon.
Hey 580CK, thanks for the kind words. It's been definitely a few more weekends of work than I expected. Alot of work to custom fab some fenders, but it will feel a bit safer than seeing those big wheels turning on each side...crazy how it was back in the day lol. So for the ROPS i made sure to leave at least 2 inches of clearance for my paintbooth and garage door....had to remind myself to not make too high otherwise this would have been a garage tractor if I couldn't get it out. For the yellow, its close to the original, but I ended up getting decals from a 580C and the word "construction king" is in yellow and goes on the ROPS, so i guess Resto Mod it is...
I took a day off tomorrow to give this a final push so I expect to paint it this weekend...stay tuned! cheers