1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Painting my backhoe.

Discussion in 'Showtime!' started by Canadian_digger, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Canadian_digger

Canadian_digger Senior Member

So I've been inspired by some of the post of people painting there own equipment in the forum and thought I would try it out myself. I have some done some touch up painting before but nothing major. My oldest backhoe was looking really bad and I decided to start with the loader to see how it would turn out. I think it tured out well. It was a lot of work but what a difference.

All I used are some basic tools. Angle grinder with flap wheel and wire wheel. Die grinder with striping wheel. Electric sander. Sand paper. Small sponge paint roller and brush.

Attached Files:

Jonas302 likes this.
  2. sheepfoot

sheepfoot Senior Member

Looks good !, it's a lot of work and cheaper than a new machine.

3. Canadian_digger

Canadian_digger Senior Member

With prepping and paint it took around 8hrs. I will be doing some more when I have some free time.

4. PEVO

PEVO Well-Known Member

they seem to work better with new paint too. :)

Jeckyl1920 likes this.
  5. Jeckyl1920

Jeckyl1920 Well-Known Member

You get 10 hp with the paint. Another 5 if you put a coffee can exhaust on it!

6. PEVO

PEVO Well-Known Member

im planning on adding additional brush protection to my ROPS on my dozer, then new paint at some point.
    im sure the paint job will add at least 10-15% more life to my UC!