1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Pacific trucks in the logging industy

Discussion in 'Forestry Equipment' started by Hayesno1, Nov 27, 2010.

1. wiggle wagon

wiggle wagon Member

There are examples of P10's into the early 1970's that have more or less the same look to them. 1972 P10.VI.flickr.jpg 1972 P10.VI.flickr.jpg
    This is a 1972. (Pic credit:Flickr.)

2. Hank R

Hank R Senior Member

Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
    This is a 969 P10 here in Princeton a few years ago. 335 Cummins with a 6 and 4 speed
    107.gif 109 - Copy.gif

3. diamondtguy

diamondtguy Senior Member

machine fitter/fabricator
    This is a copy and paste of what I put on Facebook......It belongs here as well..
    DSC00185.jpg FINISHED%20(1).jpg FINISHED%20(2).jpg FINISHED%20(3).jpg
    Pacific Truck had this built by a man in Prince George for a retirement gift for Rollie.Rollie retired about 16 months ago.Rollie started at Hayes and pretty much spent his whole career at/with Pacific.I worked with him for 10 years.Anyways Rollie is moving and doesnt have room for it.He hoped Larry (Pacific Truck) or myself would like it..I purchased it today and will make room for it...The detail is unreal.There is no paint on it.Just stained wood.Larry obviously supplied him with drawings....I will post more pics when I get it set up .It is aprox 24" long....Cory

4. diamondtguy

5. diamondtguy

6. HD Mech

HD Mech Well-Known Member

Heavy duty mechanic
    Oh My Gosh! That is amazing! What a craftsman to build that!

wornout wrench and Bumpsteer like this.
  7. diamondtguy

Was searching through a drawer in my old buffet looking for some 427 Ford emblems and I found this...I found it at Pacific in the back of a bin..I believe its P-9 stuff...It is new...
    Emblem was long out of use when I started there..

Pacific 001.JPG

8. 64Pacific

64Pacific Well-Known Member

Interesting,I have seen one or two of these but never in older photos mounted on a truck. I wonder what the story is...

9. wiggle wagon

wiggle wagon Member

Okay. Good pictures of these are kind of hard to come by and I borrowed this from 64 Pacific's site just to put one up. But is this the front emblem from the BC Highways 4X4 cabovers?
    If you want me to take the pic down, I will, Scott. No problem.
    [​IMG]

10. Hank R

Hank R Senior Member

Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
    It is my picture and no problem. Some of the old boys in town remember those trucks but no good pictures.
    3.gif

72hayes and wiggle wagon like this.
  11. Hallback

Hallback Senior Member

Gyppo tower logger
    What an amazing job of craftsmanship, detail and endurance to build that model. Absolutely amazing! I bet you are very proud to have that especially with the story behind it. Thank you for sharing.

diamondtguy likes this.
  12. 64Pacific

All good with me, the intent of the website (and Hayes as well) is to have an online public reference to help with exactly this sort of query while documenting the trucks.

It would be great to find those old plow trucks, or at least confirm them being converted into a Honda fender. I have a suspicion that they are still around somewhere waiting to be found...

wiggle wagon likes this.
  13. wiggle wagon

wiggle wagon Member

You could be right about maybe one of the old plow trucks still being around. I'd doubt all of them still exist but I could believe one might.
    On the Facebook page I lamented that all the Hayes MD250's were gone and somebody posted a couple pictures of one. And at one point I'd accounted for all four P9's built in '74. Never say never. These trucks always surprise me.

14. Hayesno1

Hayesno1 Senior Member

Project manager
    P16 parked in Campbell River

Attached Files:

72hayes, trux, HD Mech and 1 other person like this.
  15. Greatwestcam

Greatwestcam Senior Member

Driver/Mechanic
    Old and rusty, not much time left. IMG_1625.JPG IMG_1627.JPG IMG_1628.JPG IMG_1631.JPG

16. Hayesno1

Hayesno1 Senior Member

Project manager
  17. Greatwestcam

Greatwestcam Senior Member

Driver/Mechanic
    H 29, old Percy Logging unit, then went to Powell Daniels Contracting when they bought out Percy's Powell lake division.
    1977 P-10. had a Cummins 350, 6 & 4 trans and 70000 lbs. Clark planetary when I drove it, would put small 9 ft bunks on it for winter show hauling when we dumped into the lake.
    Nice to see you back in P.R. again Kim

18. Hayesno1

Hayesno1 Senior Member

Project manager
    Thank you for the information - I was told that Olympic Forrest bought the truck a year ago. Yes it is good to be back in BC. I am travelling with my son and his wife and their infants - 1-1/2 year and 2 month so I have not been able to do much searching for off highway logging trucks as we have been travelling in 1 Van. But I will return alone next year or the year after. I have stayed 3 week on the Island and I did not even had time to visit Steve. Then 1 week in Halfmoon Bay and now I have returned to Vancouver where we will stay until Friday for returning to Denmark. But I will return to the Island and Powell River next time.

Greatwestcam likes this.
  19. Hayesno1

Hayesno1 Senior Member

Project manager
    Another P16 - Olympic Forrest 27673382-BC1E-4BF6-A48E-E147028D8C45.jpeg 6C2A834D-E008-4593-8FBA-832B1480B091.jpeg E4FC9B23-9F9A-4C76-9EDE-9E850128F98A.jpeg 7DAFF130-831E-4307-B9CC-9F101146E6EF.jpeg

HD Mech, Hank R, diamondtguy and 4 others like this.
  20. 64Pacific