• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

P&H 312 Exavator

FirstEliminator

P&H 9-2022.jpg
Hello Mark,
New to this site and came across your thread from a while ago. I have a P&h H312 I believe also.. Was looking for manuals or anything to refer to maintenance on this?
Have you had any luck finding parts?
We are not to far from each other . do you still have the 312 ?

Hi, geez I guess I didn't see the post from a couple years ago when you made it. Yes, I still have the P&H. Loaned it to a friend and it sat at his house for a year. Just got it back last week. Need it to reinstall the counter weight on another machine I just acquired. My forklift will only lift about 8000. This counter weight is 10,200. Will be a fun time and material for a new video. If you'd like to see some of the stuff I'm fiddling around with, take a look at
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgCJ9qpMIXkYURJam1FzWeA/videos

Last edited:

Ryan Storke

Well, the engine is seized, and I have no use for it. If anyone is looking for a parts machine, let me know. I hate to see it go to scrap!
Do you still have the machine? I am in Upstate NY and would be very interested in acquiring the machine.

RGProducts

I do still have the machine. There is a guy who it digging into the motor right now to see if it is salvageable, and wants to buy it if it is. If it is not salvageable, it probably needs a motor swap. Otherwise, parts or scrap.

What are you planning to do with it, out of curiosity?

Ryan Storke

I located my deceased fathers P&H recently and am in need of parts, as I have been informed that there are a few issues with it. As you may expect they are quite hard to find.

The goal would be to use it has a donor to get my father's machine back up and running. Then keep it for future parts.

Please do keep me informed how you progress with the current inquirer.

Thanks,

Ryan

RGProducts

I located my deceased fathers P&H recently and am in need of parts, as I have been informed that there are a few issues with it. As you may expect they are quite hard to find.

The goal would be to use it has a donor to get my father's machine back up and running. Then keep it for future parts.

Please do keep me informed how you progress with the current inquirer.

Thanks,

Ryan
Do you have a way that I can contact you privately (not on this forum thread)?

Onslaught

Well, the engine is seized, and I have no use for it. If anyone is looking for a parts machine, let me know. I hate to see it go to scrap!
Where are you located? And did he end up getting the machine? I'm currently looking for some parts to fix up my old 312 as well.

Last edited:

Onslaught

Hey guys, newbie to the site here, just acquired this p&h 312! I absolutely love this outdated machine. The controls are actually a lot of fun to use. I had to use this machine to load a non moving linkbelt ls1600 onto a trailer when I bought them as a package deal lol

Attachments

• 20221106_100251.jpg
    20221106_100251.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 46
  • 20221106_152717.jpg
    20221106_152717.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 46
  • 20221106_152728.jpg
    20221106_152728.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 47
  • 20221106_152821.jpg
    20221106_152821.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 46

Rmhcurbing

I have a 312 that’s running, but need the “bull” gear which drives the pinion shaft in the swivel gear case, maybe someone has this gear or a complete case.

Onslaught

I have a 312 that’s running, but need the “bull” gear which drives the pinion shaft in the swivel gear case, maybe someone has this gear or a complete case.
You could buy mine. It's for sale, runs and drives, and could always use yours for a parts machine. Send me a dm if interested.

Onslaught

Does anyone know what the oil filter part number is for the h312? Pic of my machine for fun.

Attachments

• 20240210_160320.jpg
    20240210_160320.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 14

ecm2004

Did you ever sell that machine? I may be looking for some parts for mine.

ecm2004

I understand !! great looking machine, glad to here it is running well for you. Does that have the 4-53 Detroit in it!! have you found a good place for parts on these?

It is a 453 or a 471. not sure. I havn't had mine long enough to change the oil, so I'm not sure about the filter.
My machine has a leak on the the main boom cylinder.

Anyone know how to replace the seal?

Wish U were closer. I need the hydraulic cylinder on the top of the boom. I'm in alberta.

Attachments

• 20240220_171436.jpg
    20240220_171436.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0