• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

P&H 312 Exavator

Onslaught

I understand !! great looking machine, glad to here it is running well for you. Does that have the 4-53 Detroit in it!! have you found a good place for parts on these?
453. And honestly ebay has some of the best parts availability for detroits. Also, there's a company in Michigan I believe that has every part for these. And thanks!

Onslaught

It is a 453 or a 471. not sure. I havn't had mine long enough to change the oil, so I'm not sure about the filter.
My machine has a leak on the the main boom cylinder.

Anyone know how to replace the seal?
Mine do too. I'm unsure how the pins comes out but I'm having issues finding a seal kit for the machine main booms.

Onslaught

Does anyone know how to change the swing gear oil? How much goes in, and what weight? Only asking if I have to remove the caps over it and actually siphon the gear oil out of if there's a drain on them. Mine is loaded full of oil/ grease soaked leaves so I can't see sh*t even when I cleaned most of them out.

Onslaught