• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

cfherrman

Something surprised me today. I weighed out (leaving empty) at the local dump at 13,860. 2022 F350 crew cab, long bed, diesel with a 7x16 dump trailer. I figured 10-11 range.

I'll have to dig some pics up of my old work truck, f350 srw 12k with tools and diesel. Those poor trucks

Queenslander

Application on that thing ^^^^^^^
Big ship maybe?

I believe it is one of three MAN engines installed at the Owen Springs power station at Alice Springs in the NT, Australia.
The engines and generators were shipped from France to Darwin then trucked 1500 km to the Alice.

http://www.ship.gr/news6/man20.htm

Last edited:

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Apparently this happened today about 25 minutes from my house

View attachment 267681 View attachment 267682

The article said it was a press base moving from Flint to Battle Creek for repairs.
The jeep collapsed during the turn, blocking most of M66.
331,000 pound load.
I’m late to this one….judging by the position of the front wing dolly and the position of the rear dollies I’d say they got things in a bind and the weak link was that jeep. There isn’t any auto steer on a 19 axle and you can sure get them wadded up overloading certain points.

colson04

I’m late to this one….judging by the position of the front wing dolly and the position of the rear dollies I’d say they got things in a bind and the weak link was that jeep. There isn’t any auto steer on a 19 axle and you can sure get them wadded up overloading certain points.

I haven't heard any follow up on what happened or how they got the load moved. The load became stuck on 9/6 around 430pm, and DOT reported road clear at 220am on 9/8.

Here are some more pictures
1663103881584.jpg 1663103897336.jpg 1663103914966.jpg 1663103934597.jpg

EDIT: I just spoke with a friend that lives over that way. He sent me a link to a guy he knows that went and watched the show. Doesn't answer how the original truck failed, but shows their recovery plan.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...vNhCTcDxaaPrCniwl&id=100022840182806&sfnsn=mo

Last edited:

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
Happened across this, the beam weighs about 2800 pounds. I think this is proof of the old adage "God looks our for fools and drunks." I was fascinated with the structural capacity of sheetrock screws building the frame. You can skip much of it and still get the gist. You do need to watch the last couple of minutes when he discusses his "Safety/DOT" measures.
I wonder if his DOT could issues a citation based on his admissions in the video.....

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
Happened across this, the beam weighs about 2800 pounds. I think this is proof of the old adage "God looks our for fools and drunks." I was fascinated with the structural capacity of sheetrock screws building the frame. You can skip much of it and still get the gist. You do need to watch the last couple of minutes when he discusses his "Safety/DOT" measures.
I wonder if his DOT could issues a citation based on his admissions in the video.....
I have the same skid loader (going to sell it, having bought larger one)hangar-steel-1.jpg hangar-steel-2.jpg hangar-steel-2-lowres.jpg PICT0007.JPG

Jumbo

Occupation
retired