• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

crane operator

Apparently this happened today about 25 minutes from my house

View attachment 267681 View attachment 267682

The article said it was a press base moving from Flint to Battle Creek for repairs.
The jeep collapsed during the turn, blocking most of M66.
331,000 pound load.

A little heating and a little bending and that will all be good as new.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Seeing the levels of Rust corruption up close in that load pic I am amazed any of that trailer is functional. Probably sat in a yard for a decade or two before decided could be utilized One More Time.

Truck Shop

Seeing the levels of Rust corruption up close in that load pic I am amazed any of that trailer is functional. Probably sat in a yard for a decade or two before decided could be utilized One More Time.

That's what FHWA inspections are for.

skyking1

yes it does not take much of a touch to destroy anything with that kind of weight. One of my jobs on the derrick was to be certain it would not bottom out with the tide. Any fraction of 2,100,000 pounds was too much.

1466IH

There is also the issue it may have grounded out.
Biggest tell tale sign on lowboy use is how worn the bottom of trailer is. Have seen them where flange is gone and wearing into the web of the beam which is laziness on most trailers today. They are too easy to flip on pto and raise trailer a few inches before dragging

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
Moving parts like that, most insurance companies want to inspect all equipment associated with the move. At least they do with electrical equipment moves. I'm wondering if they even got insurance for the move.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Just came across this random pic and thought I would share:

View attachment 267845
Dang it! I hope they hurry up and get here so I have time to install it in my snowblower before the first snow here in NY! I don't want to have to shovel the drive by hand again!

cfherrman

There was a big engine move in town of the railroad headed north, wasn't as big as that one but the turbo was probably bigger than a pickup, and it had at least 2