• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

skyking1

Come along little buddy. Timon and Pumbaa
JKkH3BQ6nBot5jtEMRsxLC-320-80.jpg

56wrench

That picture of the cat grader on the gooseneck trailer doesn’t look right. None of the truck or trailer tires are squatted which they should be for that weight. I would think the weight of the trailer and grader combined would be in the range of 25-30k lbs

hosspuller

That picture of the cat grader on the gooseneck trailer doesn’t look right. None of the truck or trailer tires are squatted which they should be for that weight. I would think the weight of the trailer and grader combined would be in the range of 25-30k lbs
Trailer looks to be tandem dual tired... rated likely at least 20K or more. Although the truck is a single rear wheel. Luckily the grader is mostly on the trailer.

suladas

That's not a big deal for that kind of trailer. Also hard to say they could be 12k axles. Those trailers are all generally so overbuilt, I know when I considered throwing a 3rd axle under mine I was told they made the 2-10k and 3-10k trailers exactly the same minus the axle. Aside from the tow vehicle, you aren't going to hurt that trailer. Also virtually all the tires i've seen were rated for 3k a piece at least.

Delmer

Plenty of tires under the trailer. Not very much tongue weight on that trailer, might even be negative. The only problem with that load is speed, perfectly safe if it's not at highway speed, and the trailer brakes hold...

skyking1

This one should be titled NEVERLOAD of the day, but I don't think we see enough of these to count.
I call it the FL3stupid.
PXL_20220405_225447173.jpg

PXL_20220405_225920931.jpg

If you look closely that is a 16K Pintle bolted on, right above a

Wait for it

2" receiver :facepalm:
The bed is too tall for any stock goosenecks, so it is truly a worthless Egg hauler IMO.
It is an auto so you can't even play big rig convoy trucker with the shift lever.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
This one should be titled NEVERLOAD of the day, but I don't think we see enough of these to count.
I call it the FL3stupid.
View attachment 256613

View attachment 256612

Wait for it

The bed is too tall for any stock goosenecks, so it is truly a worthless Egg hauler IMO.
It is an auto so you can't even play big rig convoy trucker with the shift lever.
Someone is trying to compensate for a few inches they don't have

FWD

I had a Cat 112 grader that I hauled on a 20 ton trailer, maybe a little longer than that trailer, but I pulled it with a tandem dump truck, both had air brakes , no problem at all. Probably around 21000 lb grader. I don't know if I like his set up for stopping or pulling, but I suppose okay if you're careful.
FWD

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
I call it the FL3stupid.
View attachment 256613

View attachment 256612

Wait for it

I love it. It'd be my dream vehicle.....nearly. I'd want a dump body to haul some stuff occasionally, and I could haul as big a motor RV as Mrs. B chooses.
I now have a converted fire truck, it'd need some dressing up to tow the camper. Paint I can handle, but Air conditioning I haven't figured out.
Goosenecks aren't essential, there are some big tow behinds.
Mine has a 2.5" receiver & a pintle. I currently tow 23000 lbs.

skyking1

See what I mean? Bed too high? check.
wimpy small pintle? check.
2" receiver? checkity check check check.
If I had that toter It would have a custom california hauler flatbed with some sides I could fold up and down to actually load some things on it without a forklift or stepladder, Gooseneck hitch, and at least a big receiver plus a 6K pintle on something other than a piece of tin across the back of the frame. that thing could handle a 24K pintle trailer easily.

csthompson12

I agree that truck with the pickup bed is silly. I saw a similar one at my local International dealer and I just shook my head. Would need a step ladder to access the bed. Hitch doesn’t look too bad.. What are you saying, just too light of a setup for that truck?

skyking1

Yes that pintle hitch is rated for a 16,000 lb trailer. I have a pintle hitch like that on my 1 ton truck and also on a two and a half inch for my dump truck. Above that receiver is a heavy duty one rated for 6,000 lb of tongue weight.
He could easily have a much heavier pintle hitch on that class of truck.
But the real crime is not having a two and a half inch receiver on the back of a truck that big. Think about it it's the same receiver that you'd see on the back of a Toyota, LOL!