1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Overload of the Day

Discussion in 'Trucks' started by Birken Vogt, Jan 16, 2021.

1. sillej

sillej Active Member

Computer Geek
    Picture this-I205 bridge out of Portland north bound, almost to the Washington side. Little Toyota in the the slow lane with the white twine around the mattress barely holding. Must of been an extra gust of wind as I watched the twine snap and the mattress floated up and over the guardrail to the water below. People honked at them but they just kept going

Or another time on I84 headed east and someone with a brand new double door fridge standing upright in a little pickup. Again the light twine tied around the fridge and the the open windows of the truck. I saw it bouncing around so backed way off. Next thing the fridge tumbled out of the truck and scattered pieces for days.

2. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

star gazer
    How about a pool table on a camery with two guy's in the back seat reaching out to hold in place. This last summer.

3. Jonathan M

Jonathan M Member

4. boaterri

boaterri Well-Known Member

Retired Television Engineer
    56wrench, Tags, Pixie and 1 other person like this.
  5. Nige

Nige Senior Member

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
    Slightly above room temperature..?

DMiller likes this.
  6. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

star gazer

DMiller likes this.
  7. Jonathan M

Jonathan M Member

KIMG1267.JPG
    WOW! I had no idea so many would like my post. 6 foot bed, 20 foot culvert. I had to figure out a way to get it to my land. I saved the framework. It folds up and I have it under a bus/camper waiting for the next need. Since then I acquired a care trailer that has a 16 foot bed so I might end up not using the framework fro the pickup again. I put it together with bolts and screws so it would be easy to re-purpose the materials.
    [​IMG]

JPV, DMiller, BigWrench55 and 3 others like this.
  8. crane operator

crane operator Senior Member

9. Birken Vogt

Birken Vogt Charter Member

I saw a new looking Dodge 5500 with a roll off trailer today. Weight sticker on the Dodge was 50k. Doesn't seem right.

10. Spud_Monkey

Spud_Monkey Senior Member

Decommissioned
  11. Crummy

Crummy Senior Member

DMiller, Old Doug, hosspuller and 2 others like this.
  12. mowingman

mowingman Senior Member

Retired
    That picture above looks like the front 3rd of a 70 passenger school bus body.. Well, less the cowl, roof, and driver seating area.
    Jeff

DMiller and Truck Shop like this.
  13. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

star gazer
    Speaking of school buses-A guy got on a school bus in the Tri Cities a couple of days ago and stabbed the 72 year old driver to death.
    What in the hell is our society coming to. He did it in front of the kids on the bus.

14. Spud_Monkey

Spud_Monkey Senior Member

Decommissioned
    Sounds personal, at least he didn't touch the kids.

DMiller likes this.
  15. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

star gazer
    No I think he was mentally f#$ked up on drugs.

56wrench, Spud_Monkey and DMiller like this.
  16. Jumbo

Jumbo Senior Member

retired
    More to that than you may think....
    The medical profession has wondered for the last 40+ years why so many kids now have behavior issues, attention issues. With the legalization of marijuana here in Washington, the UofW Med School has been studying it and it's history now that people feel free admitting to it's use. Turns out that many parents of these kids used recreational drugs in their early years and there appears to be a possible correlation between the two. It will take another decade to see if that is correct. That could possibly mean another round of squirrely kids. the older of the first round are now approaching 50....

JPV, 56wrench, Spud_Monkey and 3 others like this.
  17. ianjoub

ianjoub Senior Member

Wow, what a great argument for Constitutional carry!

18. crane operator

crane operator Senior Member

The double frame rails on mine- come clear out the front to even with the pipe. And then some pipeliner got kinda serious welding from there on out.

The inside of the pull hole has enough cable marks and grooves in it, that I know its been pulled on pretty hard.

I think mine would be similar to crummy's, if the bumper goes, there's going to be a lot of other pieces laying around.

IMG_0886.JPG IMG_0882.JPG IMG_0881.JPG

19. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Cheap Geezer
    Pull into any scrap dealer yard and just watch sometime!! Idiots with all manner of loads unrestrained, admit while scratching their heads they lost pieces and do not understand why. The brain dead brainless or brain damaged are among us every day!!

Camshawn, Delmer, 56wrench and 2 others like this.
  20. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

star gazer
    Not to change this thread but who raised these idiot's-Boomers-who started the drug culture Boomers-who created the consumer age Boomers.
    It goes on and on. Oh-plus the idiots that can't tie down or stop over loading-Boomers created those too.

DMiller and Spud_Monkey like this.