• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
I almost left a jobsite one day with the boom still up at 30 degrees. I had 4 people talking to me and I was late for two other jobs, so I can see how it could happen. I hopped in the lower cab and didn't see the boom beside me or the hooks hanging- that's when I knew something was up...

We had a rolloff dumpster truck take out a railroad bridge years ago, crane company I was with put it back on the abutments.

We were involved with a major refit of a mill. All the work was on one side of a 12 ' wall, the crane on the other. Crane operator, Noel could see only that which was above maybe 15' height.
He climbed out of his cab, walked 400 feet roundabout to where the crew was. Pipe in his teeth, he asked whose in charge here? In unison everybody pointed at Howard, one of the youngest men there.
Noel said "I want directions coming from Howard, no one else." That was the only day in that project where there was no chaos. A lot got done that day, no injuries, or destruction.

RocketScott

Fja6yDM.jpg

Tyler d4c

People will think of a ten ways.

You would need to tire it first, it has been parked since 1998 but started and run regularly.
Tires are cracking next to rim/bead area.
But owning a truck like this------------------No yellow safety shirts allowed inside cab, and no
wiping of ones ass on the seat.

Might need it you could find yourself homeless down the road.
*Actually I probably shouldn't have posted it-first thing people do is start talking about
how they would butcher it, Better yet everyone forget about it, just buy a nice
International with a Max Force. Kick the mud off your boots on the floor, spit sunflower
seed hulls till there an inch deep, throw your uneaten lunch behind the seat, beat the
crap out of the passenger door by throwing a thermos and hardhat in the passenger
seat, and set dead along side the road with all the check engine lights on plus a puddle
of coolant on the ground. Only need a beater to move equipment.
How sin full would it be to take off the 2 big fuel tanks and put a service body on it?

Tyler d4c

Was a add looking for walnut white oak and hard maple. I'm not totally up to speed on weight of logs but?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1686446362096.jpg
    FB_IMG_1686446362096.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 62

crane operator

I don't know if this is a overload or not, and I'm just too lazy to figure it out. It just looks like something I'd rather not do.

Isn't Dmiller looking for a camper? This is right up in his neck of the woods...

2019 Other custom​

$18,000
Listed 35 weeks ago in Imperial, MO

Seller's Description​

Willing to sell it how it sits, or completely empty (plain canvas to do your own) Trailer not included Bus WAS a 1998 Bluebird front engine. 5.9 cummins 12v (4k gov springs, 60lb valve springs, afc mod and fuel plate mod, billet tappet cover and relocation of breather to vavle covers, new turbo, timed the injection pump up, egt gauge, boost gauge, boost elbow, fuel pressure gauge, kdp fixed and all new front end gaskets and more I'm forgetting) Alison 545 Bus is LEGALLY FULLY converted. It is a 2019 special construction RV through the state of Missouri! It has a new vin number and new title! This is a dry bus! No tanks! No sink! Plenty of room to add under, I just don't need so never did. Henry's tropicool painted roof, 5k or 3k inverter (depending on deal) Onan 4500 and/or quite 3200 generator neither mounted ( depending on the deal) 13ft awning on the passenger side. Class V hitch. Lots more but ran out of space to type

school bus conversion 1.jpgschool bus conversion 5.jpgschool bus conversion 3.jpgschool bus conversion 4.jpg