• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

Truck Shop

There is a certain attire/look you need that goes with all these rigs producing smoke.
#1 A professor dip sh!t beard
#2 One ear with a sparkling stud
#3 A hat with some wrench brand logo
#4 A tee shirt with a pickup of some sort making a bunch of smoke
#5 Dirty hands is a must
#6 A pot gut with a shirt one size too small to cover it
#7 A pair of dirty jeans
#8 Unkept hair growing growing down the back of neck
#9 Constantly have your phone out watching vids of rolling coal
#10 dressing and acting like a redneck cracker and not knowing what either one of those really is.
#11 All of this put together gives you an identity and people will know your IQ.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
There is a certain attire/look you need that goes with all these rigs producing smoke.
#5 Dirty hands is a must
#7 A pair of dirty jeans
#10 dressing and acting like a redneck cracker and not knowing what either one of those really is.
#11 All of this put together gives you an identity and people will know your IQ.
You got Andy on a few of your points: 1,2,5,7 you are on the mark.
10 He absolutely KNOWS how to be a redneck! No trying to be. He was 3rd place in the nation in Skills USA competition in carpentry. The builder he worked for has retired, closed his business, so Andy built his own cabinet shop & is currently building extreme high end kitchens solo. He has a customer asking him to build a large high end house next summer. Not your typical ignorant redneck blasting out smoke, & his current pickup is a Ford dually with gas engine.

Old Doug

#5 Dirty hands is a must
#7 A pair of dirty jeans
The young guy i worked with had all these but #6 he was skinny. He has a old pickup very loud and smokey . I backed my pickup in the shop one day i ask did you hear it he said just barely i said exactly it dosent have to prove anything.

gwhammy

When I was a kid dad hauled a td18 around a 58 model on a single axle diamond reo and tandem axle lowboy. I remember him talking about unloading it at the bottom of big hills and driving the dozer to the top then reloading it. Probably on bias tires that should have been used to burn brush piles. That would have been mid 60's to early 70's.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
When I was a kid dad hauled a td18 around a 58 model on a single axle diamond reo and tandem axle lowboy. I remember him talking about unloading it at the bottom of big hills and driving the dozer to the top then reloading it. Probably on bias tires that should have been used to burn brush piles. That would have been mid 60's to early 70's.
I had a truck like that once. It's in my picture. 1976 Chevy C65 with 427 gas engine & Eaton 5 speed, two speed rear. One hill I went up pretty often, it was essential the gas tank be full. I couldn't figure it out! Last year I used it I was going crazy! It just didn't get fuel. I discovered a second fuel filter in the line between tank & pump. The seal, I feel was a poor design, as was the act of placing it in the suction side. After a number of measures taken, one mechanic theorized the suction pipe in the tank had a pin hole. I had to remove the tank to get to it to check, but it was fine. Final cure was an electric pump near the tank, eliminate the mechanical pump.
We had a driveway at bottom of the hill, I'd unload the backhoe & help it up a 20% grade with the pickup. Then I'd drive the backhoe up & load it. That procedure got old by the third time we did it.