• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Oh he's just hiding the fact he's too broke being a trucker and had to have his mom haul it for him.
Got more money tied up in clamping it to the stand than securing the load to the trailer. Just one of those "F" clamps cost more than all those ratchet straps :confused:
Almost $500 in "F" clamps, could of had it delivered for less than the clamps costed :eek:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/334674624468

Last edited:

crane operator

Would have been a lot nicer to just have a welded tab or two and some bolts dropped in, than all those clamps.

And don't be hating on the Prius Spud, my daughter has one she drives back and forth for college, and that thing gets 45mpg pretty steady, and its a rock of a little car. I've thought about having one around the shop just as a parts runner. If you really push it, the little gas engine sounds like two cats in a bag rassling around, but if you can get past that- they're great cheap transportation.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Would have been a lot nicer to just have a welded tab or two and some bolts dropped in, than all those clamps.

And don't be hating on the Prius Spud, my daughter has one she drives back and forth for college, and that thing gets 45mpg pretty steady, and its a rock of a little car. I've thought about having one around the shop just as a parts runner. If you really push it, the little gas engine sounds like two cats in a bag rassling around, but if you can get past that- they're great cheap transportation.
I owned a Geo Metro so been there done that on the high MPG vehicles. Except I got the greatest laugh in Olympic National Park driving back out to Hurricane Ridge from PJ Lake and it's very very steep in spots, anyways driving my Geo after my hike a Prius was coming up the steep climb and in front was the wife walking and the husband driving cause the car couldn't get up it. :oops: There is turn outs since it's so narrow, I just turned out and had great laugh.IMG_0624.JPG

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Wife was walking because she was terrified of the no guardrail drops, been there and done that. I know of a few people who won't even drive Chinook because of a few places with no guardrails.
Going up Deer Park on the other side of this one is more fun, no guardrails and you have to honk before going around one lane blind corners.

Truck Shop

First wife had a 1980 chevy chevette when I met her. 1.6L 4 spd 4 door carbureted. Took it on a trip,
Filled the tank in Florence Ore put 146 miles on it getting to Cannon Beach. I decided to top the tank
before heading home, guy at the station comes up to the window says {That will be $4.02}.

Nothing ever broke on that car.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
A veteran parts guy at the chevy dealer told me he sold very little in replacement parts for the Chevette.
It was a main reason GM quit producing it.
I can see that happening. A manufacturer in general makes little money on the sale of new vehicles, they make it on the sale of parts throught the life of said vehicle.

ianjoub

323427897_438732208356654_2469621003641016112_n.jpg

Truck Shop

^^^^Looks like he needs a belt plus suspenders to hold that {big nose big buns Ford together}.
He shouldn't have trusted his pants. It more than likely became over loaded with all the Tater Salad
and KFC with eleven secret herbs and spices he loaded in the ass of that camper, oops I left out
the lime Jello with carrots-yum.