• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overheating Problems in Australia!

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
:D Just to break the monotony of all these COLD weather issues ...... :D

I am currently dealing with 3 seperate & frustrating engine overheating problems ATM :Banghead

Anyone care to swap ?? :stirthepot

:beerchug

his1911

Occupation
field service mechanic
We had a high of 50 f, low of 29, that's considered pretty chilly for us!

FSERVICE

low last night was 3... high today was 20!!! i wish gramps would stop sending willie all the cold weather cause it has to pass by me to get to him!!!! :) lol

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
You darn skippy I'd swap! Too bad there's a couple of thousand miles of land and ocean between us making the logistics of the swap a bit complicated, but hey, I'll hoist a mug to that! :drinkup

D6 Merv

Occupation
Self employed bulldozing contractor with a D6D D4E
heat be no fun for man or his noble steed of steel At least in the cold you can put on more clothes; heat you can only take off so much and then risk getting baked like a lobster.
often wondered how you guys in outback oz get on for overheating in your 40+C heat. Gets bad enough in kiwiland in 30C and then theres the humidity, that alone can turn a man into a alcoholic from all the beer that gets drunk, well did for me in 40c heat in the highlands of png,; was worse than -40 in antartica !!
Seriously tho did cat or anyone else offer offer tropical cooling packages for any of there dozers.
Used to have a lot of overheating problems in summer on my D6s especially scrub clearing or towing scoops had to clean radiator every 2 days. did put a copper finned radiator in one D6; certainly cured overheating, but have doubts about how long it will last due to the natural 'sandblasting effect' from the blower fan ??

willd8r

Occupation
dozer operator Cat D11R
I live in north west NSW we are up around 35-40C this week.It is hot, touch any metal with out a glove you drop it quick.Walk out side in the sun instant sweat,drink 4 to 5 liters water each day.Last year it got up around 50C so more to come.I envy the under ground miners.We have a new 375 and 475 Kom They are always overheating.The 2 D10's just keep on pushing heat dosn't seem to worry them.

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . D6 Merv. Interesting comment from willd8r in the #9 post re D10's.

In the days of 8H's and Allis 21's overheating in the scrub was just a fact of life. There were certain seasons and areas where particular bushes were in flower and we could end up washing radiators out a couple of times a day . . . the guards were hinged so it was no big deal. Just had to have a reliable hand on the water tanker to meet the tractors on their way around.

Can't recall having so many issues with Nines, they maybe had a bit of spare capacity?

Cheers.