• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Out of Business Companies and Parts

Todd Wallace

Hi,
I have the opportunity to purchase a used Terex TX760B for more than half of the lowest selling price I can find. I understand that they are no longer making Terex backhoes. My question is how hard is it to find parts under these circumstances. I did read that the company was acquired by searching on here (https://www.equipmentworld.com/manitou-buys-terexs-india-based-backhoe-skid-steer-business/) but I am not sure if that applies to American backhoes and if the company will continue to supply Terex parts. Just wondering how hard it will be to get parts when something breaks.

Thanks.

Ct Farmer

I can't say about Terex but for my 1998 Volvo excavator most vehicle specific parts are no longer available, for my 1976 Cat I can get most anything - that is why Cat parts are pricey - they support it forever it seems. My 2004 ASV is a 50/50 shot. My older IH tractors are limited to aftermarket only.

Aftmarket is good for some things but computers and electronics are a worry as they are not usually available aftermarket. You need to be ready to fix yourself, bypass or chance a used one.

If you buy it be prepared for the "ok, I guess I do it myself" thing.

Vetech63

I had a customer with a Terex 760 backhoe that was difficult to get parts for when they still built them and they were expensive as hell. He couldn't get rid of it fast enough.

xr4ticlone

Occupation
Trusted Adviser to the Construction World
I'd pass.

Parts & just the quality of the machine to start with as well.