• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Our truck is on google map

busdrivernine

Got to googling the other day and Google map now has what they call street view well I went to our last contruction job location and low and behold they caught us crossing the road loaded . Amazing what are the odds, would have never thought about that happening .Has anybody else had this happen to them ? I will try to figure out how to post link .twj

Red Bank

I checked out our farm on google and in the street view I can see the horses in the pasture and me on the tractor coming around the barn. I was impressed :)

Red Bank

Well the days are over where a man could build a tractor shed or barn or shop on his land without a building permit from the county. With the software and the satellites I am sure my tax dollars coud fund a person's salary to sit and look at computer images all day long for new additions to tax:) Every four or five years the county sends a guy around to check for any new addtions or dwellings, but with the right kind of farm dogs he usually never drove past the houses to get up to the barn:p Now they got me on the computer:eek:

busdrivernine

Every four or five years the county sends a guy around to check for any new addtions or dwellings, but with the right kind of farm dogs he usually never drove past the houses to get up to the barn (Quote)
A couple of yrs ago caught our local tax gestapo agent sitting in the ditch in front of our house went out and ask why they were sitting in t he ditch . started asking questions of how they valued property without looking at property close up .She replied that they guess at what you have in the home What the sh** . I asked what she had down for us older house is what we have they had us down for central heat and air , carpet ,2 bathrooms .I Laughed and she asked what was funny I said that old house with all the new stuff no way I told her sticky tile flooring , 1 bathroom , and window units for cooling and gas heaters for heat . She seemed to puf up like a old pufferfish said well !! she got the last laugh though she saw a incomple shed we had stared but never finished this is only like six poles and 3 side of top rail . She vauled it at $100.00 told the witch with a Capital B to hold about 10 mins and it would not be there any more . Hate the idots with a purple passion . Got to be a specail place for them when that kick the bucket Really do not think A/C is a choice .

jimmyjack

man that cool i just spend about a hour looking around my hometown trying to figure out when it was takin and i figure some time around april, its scary how close you can get then rotate it 360 degrees:eek: any closer you could see what shirt im wearing

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
You can run, but you cant hide. LOL

I saw a google earth that somebody had posted that showed to airplanes refueling in mid air. That was cool!

KMB83

Occupation
farmer
its cool till you own a piece of property with a dump on it.... i've buried more than one dump in our neighborhood for neighbors worried about this very topic

althought more issues crop up with angry neighbors than the big eye in the sky

the NRCS (natural resource & conservation service) gave my grandpa a call. apparently he had dug a dead hole for hogs (which is illegal in IL) on a piece of set aside ground (uncle sam pays you if you leave it absolutely alone). well they called him in, showed him the satelite photo of the hole. asked him what that was. told him don't do it again. they were reasonable, but still, pretty amazing.

we took a IR satelite photo of a test plot under corn rootworm pressure. the picture was absolutely amazing. showed protected hybrids one color, the stressed plants another.

at the end of the day these technologies make us better. with that said, in the wrong hands could be very harmful as well.....