1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Our Own local OOPS!

Discussion in 'Cranes' started by DMiller, Apr 13, 2021.

1. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Almost Retired
    The American I photographed at the bridge project.

IMG_9177.JPG

Well it helps when you haul it to engage the House Lock. This was near where I vote on MO Hwy 100 as it was leaving the project.
    IMG_9240.JPG

And it isn't like these fellas do not do these regularly. Twehous out of Jefferson City.
    Home - Twehous Excavating

hvy 1ton and funwithfuel like this.
  2. funwithfuel

funwithfuel Senior Member

Mechanic
    Out here, the boom foot is either tethered to the carbody or tied to the trailer. I can't see any reason to let the foot just hang there unsecured as it is. House lock, honest mistake. I can see it happening to anyone. Again, if the foot had been tied, that shouldn't have happened.

skyking1 and DMiller like this.
  3. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Almost Retired
    Took three hours as it was, to stabilize the House and get it flat then rotate back into position. Traveled four miles of Rolling twisting highway before got to here, and ALMOST into Town of Hermann Proper. Sign for the Church is to the right where the Gold Church Symbol is, the Bridge Project is just W of the J/100 "Y" at lower center.

Crane Ooops (2).jpg

4. Tugger2

Tugger2 Senior Member

Ouch hate seeing an American in peril.
    No house lock on those ,just your band brake. They get worn sometimes and dont hold well. My Cranes never leave the the site without the backend cross chained to the bed,but i never chain the heel . Just moved a 30B back from the west coast last week, not many roads on earth go up and down and wind more than highway4 to Tofinohttps://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=GCMmVFzx&id=8CE73DED083E584E3D3AFE821779984C31ACB6B7&thid=OIP.GCMmVFzxv1To_Ur8kY_-LgHaFB&mediaurl=https%3a%2f%2flive.staticflickr.com%2f3944%2f14976162403_e3ac2589fd_b.jpg&cdnurl=https%3a%2f%2fth.bing.com%2fth%2fid%2fR182326545cf1bf54e8fd4afc918ffe2e%3frik%3dt7asMUyYeReC%252fg%26pid%3dImgRaw&exph=695&expw=1024&q=tofino+highway+pictures&simid=608024209345823894&ck=C02C827E0F11C963A5496C481E3C4EAD&selectedIndex=94&FORM=IRPRST

Buckethead, donkey doctor and DMiller like this.
  5. Tugger2

Tugger2 Senior Member

Just a footnote on what they are doing on the stretch of road in the picture above as of now. Kennedy Hill just one of the bottle necks on the westcoast route upload_2021-4-21_20-49-31.jpeg

Fixing a narrow spot about a mile long . Goverment sign says 38 million,But i think they are a couple of years behind and a few mil over budget. Bad rock ,confined site with power lines.

72hayes and DMiller like this.
  6. Tugger2

Tugger2 Senior Member

72hayes and DMiller like this.
  7. Tugger2

Tugger2 Senior Member

Hope that picture was after they finished . Hate seeing those cranes working with the tracks narrow, chart says you can. But?

DMiller likes this.
  8. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Almost Retired
    Picture taken day before pre stress concrete beams delivered
    Set by this one and the Terex/American

9. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Almost Retired
    And yes I am up at midnite
    Seems a nightly event anymore aches pains stiff spots have to walk out then return for couple more hours.