1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

OUCH!

Discussion in 'General Industry Questions' started by Welder Dave, Oct 23, 2021.

1. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Kinda Retired
    Best of luck Dave, hope this all works out. All us Vertically Challenged fellas end up with noggin scars due to a world built for 5' to 5'6" types, enga's are the worst for setting us up for head bangs.

oarwhat likes this.
  2. Welder Dave

Welder Dave Senior Member

Had my stem cells put back in today. Took about an hour but so far so good. I got a little chilled because the stem cells were froze in liquid nitrogen. They thawed them out in warm water but even the IV line was still cold. Off of IV fluids and chemo by IV but still take Dexamethazone (sp) in pill form. I'll have to take maintainence chemo meds for the rest of my life kind of like someone with diabetes but shouldn't be too big of deal. Just hoping the side effects aren't too bad over the next couple of weeks.

3. Welder Dave

Really really drained today. No energy, no appetite, taste buds out of whack and just want to sleep. I'm off the Dexamethazone so hopefully will get my appetite and taste buds back.

nicky 68a likes this.
  4. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Kinda Retired
    Hang in there
    Sounds as the body is making repairs

5. crane operator

crane operator Senior Member

Glad to hear about the progress Dave. One day at a time, one day at a time.

6. Welder Dave

They gave me some club soda to rinse my mouth out with that should help with the bad taste. Still really tired though. Hopefully I'l feel better in awhile.

7. Welder Dave

Kind of sucks that I'll get worse before I get better.

8. wlhequipment

wlhequipment Well-Known Member

Mechanic
    Hang in there Dave. Focus on getting better. Don’t worry about all the **** you gotta do, it’ll all be there when you get back! We’re all rootin’ for you.

9. Welder Dave

Thanks everyone! The sore throat is the worst and I have thrush they're giving me an IV for. Waiting for misty freeze from Dairy Queen. It's cold and I was able to get down yesterday so hoping I can today. Have a gag reflex with anything else.

10. John Canfield

John Canfield Senior Member

Ranching
    Sorry you have to go through such an ordeal Dave, life can really suck sometimes.

11. Welder Dave

I'm a little better now. They gave me some mouthwash with lidocane (sp) that will numb my throat. Back aches a little, I think maybe just from lying in bed for long periods. Hopefully only 2 bad more days and I'll start feeling better.

DMiller, Tarhe Driver and Tinkerer like this.
  12. Welder Dave

I'm hoping I hit rock bottom because I felt completely drained earlier today. Totally in just another universe. I'm a little better now so hope I'm on the upward curve. Getting on my feet was difficult and even though my mouth and throat are really dry, a bunch of stuff wanted to run out my mouth. I wasn't very stable either but seem somewhat better now. It's a horrible way to feel.

nicky 68a and DMiller like this.
  13. Tarhe Driver

Tarhe Driver Well-Known Member

Comm. Real Est Appraiser-Retired cargo/helo pilot
    Thank you for your reporting. Your inner strength is inspirational and your recording your trip will be of use to others experiencing the same.

Tinkerer and DMiller like this.
  14. Welder Dave

Maybe my experience could help someone else who goes through a similar experience. Feeling better today but bad side effects last night.

DMiller and Tarhe Driver like this.
  15. Welder Dave

Horrible today. No C-difff though.

DMiller likes this.
  16. fast_st

fast_st Senior Member

IT systems admin
    Hope you're catching up on some good Youtube stuff! those mechanics from Inda are a blast to watch! How to machine a flywheel on a running engine with only a rock...

56wrench, nicky 68a and DMiller like this.
  17. Tarhe Driver

Tarhe Driver Well-Known Member

Comm. Real Est Appraiser-Retired cargo/helo pilot
    Great on the absence of the C-diff. One step after another.

DMiller likes this.
  18. Welder Dave

My hair is coming out pretty good today. Just feel completely drained of anything.

DMiller likes this.
  19. nicky 68a

nicky 68a Senior Member

On a more positive note,if you’ve no futher use for your hair brush or comb,then you can keep them until your well enough to comb the fins out on your old grader rad

20. Welder Dave

Good idea. I don't have energy to do much of anything. Running a fever so full precautions being taken when anyone comes room. Full gown. Face shield and mask. 38.2c temp. Was lower last night. Hoping it gets better soon. No covid or c-diff which is good. Just trying to get by, should be on the upswing soon

Camshawn, 56wrench, DMiller and 2 others like this.