• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Opion on a 1995 GMC 6500 Dump Truck.

csthompson12

My buddy’s 1983 L8000 with Cat 3208 has full air brakes. It also has 5sp/ 2 speed rear diff. It is a 3208 rebuild (with tag). Starts really good in the cold, non turbo. But seems smoky, and that smoke will really burn your eyes, seems a different type of smoke than most diesels. I know this because I spent some time loading him with our 120.

It is a site truck and has only needed minor repairs over the years. Look for cab rust under cab floor etc. Single frame is most likely
I know what your saying about that cat 3208. We had one in a Ford c8000 non turbo version. It was hard to stand around that thing when running. Just a smoky dirty running engine, but ran well.

56wrench

Depends on the arrangement #. I had a 3208 natural @ 210 in a tractor that had not much for exhaust fumes when cold but other 3208 naturals that would make your eyes water