• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

opinions on old iron for personal use

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
that is some old, almost obsolete iron. run, don't walk from it. parts and service will be really tough to get.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
We just need something that will last 6 months-1year of on off use. Even if we have to sell it for scrap by the time we're done. Anyone have and opinion on the prices? I didn't look for the truck, but a hoe in ok shape was going for $18K in NJ. Couldn't find anymore MDI/Kobelco hoes up for sale. We are just looking around now I will take a mechanic out there if we go take a look.

Last edited:

Jlillie2

Occupation
Media services
Seem's kind of pricy to me, but it is a big machine. If you can afford it, and you actually need something that big, go take a look. If it walks, digs and doesn't smoke out the county go for it. I bought an old beat rental with about 4000 hours on it. Like you I basically needed it for one job, once the job was finished i kept it around for a couple of years as it never really needed any kind of work. I just sold it this year, and got my money back on it. For a machine of that vintage though, I'd try to get the price a little lower Maybe 16.5?