• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

opinions experiences on preparation for "stone slinger" truck

trombeur

surfing the net I saw that in your parts you are using deigli trucks specially prepared and equipped called "stone slinger" what can you tell me about these equipment as valuable defects and advantages?
in our area the snow spreaders are similar to these settings, thanks to those who want to answer

img003.jpg

AzIron

for shading plumbing they cant be beat a reasonable operator can do a lot with it. they work really well at shooting any type of sand or rock into even ground cover or placing abc in a basement ahead of concrete. a good operator can place abc down that will only need raked and compacted before concrete. its the best way i have seen for placing lanscape rock even up to 3 inch minus ( you really have to pay attention). there are a couple different styles the ones that are a standard conveyor belt for the feeder in the bed are the most versatile. they also have a chain belt feeder those work awesome for sand and peat gravel cause belt tracking is not an issue but anything bigger in size destroys the chain. the best way to set them up is with remote control that way you can stand next to the ditch to place material. the hydralics are not that complicated the most confusing thing is the electronics for the remote if you dont have a wire diagram forget it. the other thing that can be really expensive is the transfer case for the remote drive if the driver forgets to turn off the pto then the case doesent dissengage and can pop a gear or break a drive line. they are an expensive machine to buy and all the bearings and rollers are a little bit to maintain but for what they do you cant beat it

trombeur

dalle mie parti mai viste, per le fondazioni o rilevate stiamo utilizzando autocarri a cassone ribaltabile per trasporto e pala meccanica per la spalmatura e la compattazione, non so se ci sono capi simili in agricoltura forse per il trasporto di mais o cereali, un sistema simile a tramogge l 'ho visto sul spargi sale dello spazzaneve, comunque grazie per la tua gentile spiegazione, se qualche amico amico avesse altre spiegazioni aggiuntive o esperienze personali o pareri su pregi e difetti, vantaggi svantaggi di questa macchina ti invito ad intervenire grazie ancora

tbl_foto_macchinari_foto_id_foto_macchinario7444.JPG

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
I think the last picture is a salt sand spreader for winter. My Italian is not so good. We use slingers here on tandem trucks for placing stone around underground fuel storage tanks. I've seen some guys use them for placing washed pea stone around playground sets to avoid contaminating the stone with machinery.

hvy 1ton

Stone Slingers excel at placing aggregate in and around structures. These trucks don't just make piles. The upper belt has a high enough surface speed to throw aggregate 20m and a good operator can feather it out to almost finish grade. After stone slinger lays down aggregate for a basement slab for all it takes is a bit of raking and it's ready to be compacted.

trombeur

grazie per i giusti dettagli, da parte mia non ci sono questi veicoli forse in agricoltura per il trasporto di cereali, o spargisale per neve molto simile, da parte mia una betoniera con nastro trasportatore per la costruzione di cemento armato prefabbricato. il tuo sasso di pietra purtroppo sconosciuto, quindi ho chiesto dei chiarimenti, grazie

http://www.infobuild.it/2007/07/massima-versatilita-per-il-trasporto-del-calcestruzzo/

hvy 1ton

You are correct, stone slingers are used in the same way as concrete conveyor trucks. The only difference is the belt speed of a slinger is high enough to throw material.

ilovetracks

company here across line in south carolina uses for putting stone in basements that have sub walls. I believe that county requires basements and garages backfilled with stone. also getting into some terrain from there to western North carolina so its easiest to place stone

trombeur

in my part we are still the age of hominid stone with the Flintstones type club. we use shovel and wheelbarrow for these jobs, we will have to build a dry stone wall for a sloping agricultural land, we will have to equip a skid loader or a self-propelled dump truck to transport and put in place the stones .stone slinger "for us it would be a mirage let me know if you use stone slinger-like machinery for these jobs, we'll have to make some stone walls in the mountain area to fight the landslides, thanks

trombeur

grazie al tuo intervento, nel nostro caso penso che sia meglio noleggiare macchinari pesanti per ridurre i costi operativi, una macchina usata soggetta ad usura ha costi di manutenzione e riparazione in officina, la società non vale la spesa a nostro avviso, grazie ancora il tuo consiglio Se hai altri suggerimenti, ti invito ad intervenire grazie ancora