• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

oops!!

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
There is a post somewhere containing that and 3 or 4 others with the question " at what point did someone think this is a good idea" :D

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
It's always fun to watch that one again though. :)

" at what point did someone think this is a good idea"

Yeah, you have to wonder how the operator expected to get away with that.

I'd be interested in speculating though--other than going and getting a bigger machine, was there any good way of getting out of that situation? What would you have done? (Other than turning in your resignation, that is...) :confused:

hvy 1ton

Well at that point there wasn't a whole lot that could be done. Somebody should have figured they didn't have a big enough machine and demoed it topdown with a couple of minis and push all the stuff down the elevator shaft. Then when the part of the building that was obviously to tall for the hoe was gone go about business as usual.

Anybody see the op blow half a dozen hoses trying to get his stick(s) out of the pile? The weird part is he made a good decision and shut the machine down after the fall, but then started it back up and went cowboy on it. I have a feeling the boss man jumped in the seat trying to save the day. It also may have even been his idea to go at the building this way.

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
the thing I always get a kick out of is the guy in the background saying "i betcha he puckered" ":D

Hendrik

Yeah, you have to wonder how the operator expected to get away with that.

I'd be interested in speculating though--other than going and getting a bigger machine, was there any good way of getting out of that situation? What would you have done? (Other than turning in your resignation, that is...) :confused:
That is so stupid, how did they expect to remove the top without having it fall down on you?
I know zip about demo work but even I could see that thing was going to topple over once you cut away the bottom.
Don't know if there was a bigger machine available, perhaps a stick or two of boom powder might have done the job safer.

hi-ball

Well at that point there wasn't a whole lot that could be done. Somebody should have figured they didn't have a big enough machine and demoed it topdown with a couple of minis and push all the stuff down the elevator shaft. Then when the part of the building that was obviously to tall for the hoe was gone go about business as usual.

Anybody see the op blow half a dozen hoses trying to get his stick(s) out of the pile? The weird part is he made a good decision and shut the machine down after the fall, but then started it back up and went cowboy on it. I have a feeling the boss man jumped in the seat trying to save the day. It also may have even been his idea to go at the building this way.

Yea what a gong show, probably kept operating it untill had no hyd fluid left.