• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Online service manuals?

HALSJCB

Occupation
Retired
I am looking to purchase a service repair manual for my JCB 8029CTS excavator. My machine came with the owner's manual and the parts book at the time of purchase from the dealer. I have no experience with these types of equipment so feel that a service manual would be a good asset to have in addition.

A google search brings up some downloadable options ( eManualOnline, pinterest and servicemanualbit ) to name a few. Are these usually all the same or is there one that stands out from the rest? I do not seem to find a manual listing for a hard copy from JCB.

I have all the factory issue books for my JD tractor and dozer. Would like to do likewise with the JCB.

Any advice or recommendation's?

John V

There's only gonna be one service manual for these machines, from JCB. Google searches for "8029CTS service manual" will likely turn up hundreds of sources for the manual, many of them likely suspicious. I looked at servicemanualbit.com and their page at least seems legit. They provide the publication number, table of contents, and number of pages in the manual description. For $20, worth a shot. I also found it on this website: ***************************/jcb/jcb...Pdi8Qhl8BEGuVdBJG87pR8fQ3S5HXVjw0qorXTM3QxG2E They seem legit.. business hours listed and they have a facebook page.

For any of these sources though I'd suggest using paypal... I wouldn't want to be giving out my CC info to potentially sketchy websites.

HALSJCB

Occupation
Retired
Hi John
Thanks for the links. It appears that I just received the same manual from a E-Bay seller in Great Britain. My manual has the same number. I think it is a reprint of the actual oem book. The engine section is only a couple of pages with a few basic specifications. The last page lists a separate manual for the engine, Tier 2 ( 9806/2190 ) and Tier 3 ( 9806/3090 ). My engine is tier 3. No luck yet finding the engine manuals.

The manual I received has quite a bit of info but compared to the John Deere books that I have for my dozer and tractor they are quite sparse. It is what it is I guess. Hope I am lucky and don't have any issues arise that requires the books.