• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Once in a Lifetime for me today

HeyUvaVT

Well today I think I may have had my one time shot...friend of mine works for a large company here in VA shows up and says "hey you like iron right? why dont you come with me for a minute?" we hop in the truck and take a short ride down to a satellite pit his boss owns in our area and peaking at me through the trees is the biggest hoe I have ever seen in person....Hitachi ex750 with a 4.25yd bucket... :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:eek:

Now we clear lots and I play with our Tak TB175 all the time but this beast was amazing...I got to play around with it for about 15minutes and the feeling of power coming through those controls was amazing even if for a short few minutes.... :usa

Just wanted to share this because I am sure its the one and only time I will ever get to be in a machine of that size but its something I won't ever forget... and I am now TRULY jealous of all of you on here that get to run the really big toys everyday!!!! :Banghead

unfortunately no digi cam only cell phone and I am not sure how to get them on the computer... :bash:bash

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Congratulations and welcome to the world of the BIG sand box :D

I am sure many will agree an experience no man should be denied. :drinkup

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
if you have photobucket you can send them to that, via a text message

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Sounds like you had fun! I also had one of those chances a while back, got to take a couple scoops with a cat 5110 Excavator with a 10 yard bucket. made my normal rides ( 25 ton excavators) feel like little play toys!

Here's me standing in the bucket:eek:

Attachments

• Picture039.jpg
    Picture039.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,412
  • Picture038.jpg
    Picture038.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,410

HeyUvaVT

WOW now THAT is a big fella there....steve will do on the pics thanks! does it work for videos too?

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
this is the biggest excavator ive ever seen it was loading 3 terex adts :D

Attachments

• copied construction pics 169.jpg
    copied construction pics 169.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,285

oisinirish

Big Hoes!

Cool for you. I had a similar experience when I got to run our mass-ex guy's 385. That damn thing's like driving a house. We were digging in a sandy soil and they had an 11yd bucket on the thing. Could load a 40 ton off-road in like 15 seconds. Great great fun!

HeyUvaVT

got back to the pit today and got some quick pics..my buddy wasn't there tho so didnt get to fire it up today but got some shots none the less!
:drinkup

Attachments

• DSC00175 (Medium).jpg
    DSC00175 (Medium).jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,099
  • DSC00174 (Medium).jpg
    DSC00174 (Medium).jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 1,103
  • DSC00173 (Medium).jpg
    DSC00173 (Medium).jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,112

HeyUvaVT

more pics

Attachments

• DSC00176 (Medium).jpg
    DSC00176 (Medium).jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,110
  • DSC00177 (Medium).jpg
    DSC00177 (Medium).jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,076
  • DSC00178 (Medium).jpg
    DSC00178 (Medium).jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,074

Wolf

Hey, HeyUvaVT:

That is one awesome machine---big power. I hope you get some more seat time in it when your buddy returns to the site. Pictures are great, man.

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
That's a good size machine! Wish I had that on a couple jobs I've done in the past.

Wonder what the hourly rate is for a machine that size? $250-$300 an hour?

Jim

Cool. I just wonder how can you guys change the buckets? So heavy to move

HeyUvaVT

i dont know about the bucket but i know that when they move that machine from site to site it takes 7 trailers...one track on each trailer then the boom and stick and bucket then the counter weight and then the rest of the machine...i want to go check it out when they start taking it apart..they are bringin in a terex crane but first they have to widen and re-grade the access road because the machine has been there so long that the road has been washed out and over run..was hard to get up in my 4x4 pick up

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
Good pics,

what were/are they using that 750 for? They really gotta break that down huh? I got a pics from a buddy of mine when they pulled the Cat 375 our of Richmond, and they only dropped the ct'w and bucket/stick. Course it was pulled out on a 3x3x3 trailer too:rolleyes::usa

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Found this big ole cat 375 today and took a couple pictures for size reference!

Attachments

• 010-5.jpg
    010-5.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 281
  • 008-6.jpg
    008-6.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 308

HeyUvaVT

i thought it odd that they took it down that far too....they were using the 750 for loading road trucks for a short haul to a rehab/widening of a local roadway...chris...SWEET pics man....i am hooked on big stuff now...hard to look at the lil ole tak the same now ha ha