• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

On the Road Again

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Unless they're electronic or software bugs ...:( My New machine is full of electronics. It tells ME what to do ... "Wait, I'm warming, I'm busy regen'ing, Too hot to work, PTO overspeed, Not in neutral, Sit your butt down, Water in fuel, Can't breath, etc. "

View attachment 232943
Kinda like the tail waging the dog.

Sberry

Occupation
Farmer
I think it would be cool to be part of the assembly team and then to be the first one to stick the bucket into the dirt.
I hope they use lots of anti seize.
I had a spot opportunity to go bak to work at one point and skipped it and really should have looked for something like that. I got drafted so to speak in a family biz and I really should have went back to trade work for another pass. All this looks like fun and it is for about 2 weeks then its more work. I should have been doing it not cause I like it but because I am good at it.
Engineers or most of them can dream up and calculate stuff makes me look like I am still eating dirt but when it comes to the simple pound and pry in the right spot with a little lift on I got it in spades and in speed, got a good eye for square and level and balance. Blocking jacking and cranes are second nature.

Sberry

Occupation
Farmer
The big wind towers would have been ok but this might have been more interesting in some sense.
As for changing the cooler prolly a do able job when its new,,, ha, fill that thing with a few 1000 hrs of dirt and oil and its gotta be double the fun.

Last edited:

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
So what are you up to now Nige? job is done, retired?
Until the next phone call, yes. The longer it goes I think the less likely I am to want to pack a bag and jet off to another boil on the a$$hole of the world again. I turn 70 in a few weeks.

I completed that job coming up to a year ago and have been "enjoying retirement" since then. Problem is that with travel restrictions as they are at present there aren't really many places that we could get into.

The Peej

Until the next phone call, yes. The longer it goes I think the less likely I am to want to pack a bag and jet off to another boil on the a$$hole of the world again. I turn 70 in a few weeks.

I completed that job coming up to a year ago and have been "enjoying retirement" since then. Problem is that with travel restrictions as they are at present there aren't really many places that we could get into.

Enjoy your retirement. You are a wealth of knowledge and experience. Thank you for not letting it go to waste and helping strangers all over the world.

Welder Dave

We are so fortunate to have Nige on the forum!
On another note, the cellulitis in my arm is still there but way smaller than it was. I was having a lot of trouble swallowing pills which is one of the factors. Dr. said to concentrate on my pain med. first. I should be able to take the other pills easier now so hopefully they get rid of the semi-hard lump on my arm. It's about the size of a tennis ball but at its worst was probably 5 tennis balls. It doesn't bother me and apparently isn't uncommon after having a pick line for IV.