• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

On the Road Again

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I dunno. Maybe it's just the fact that I'm used to it after having been in that side of the industry for so many years but I find working on big stuff easier than working on small stuff for the simple reasons that a) components are not shoe-horned in, and b) usually the location is tooled up to work with equipment of that size. Everything from cranes, jacks, lifting gear, torque tooling, etc, etc. All you have to do is ask for what you need and someone produces it.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Happy to hear a so called 3rd World country is taking Covid seriously. Around here in this dump 80% of the population reckon they won't get it.
Having worked in Serth Efrika in the past I understand your frustration but it would be good in a certain way. It would at least give Darwin a chance to throw a bucket of bleach in the gene pool.

In an effort to mitigate the effects of the 2nd wave of Covid the entire country is on curfew. Mon-Fri that means that all businesses have to close at 5:00pm and everyone has to be off the streets by 8:00pm. Weekends everything closes at 12 noon and everyone has to be inside no later than 3:00pm.

Welder Dave

There are a lot of people that think they are immune to it and masks are a bad idea. Pfizer wants Canada to offer tax breaks. That would certainly explain why Canada's deliveries of the vaccine are being delayed. Trying to to get the pandemic under control should be the first priority not corporate greed. Thousands of companies are going under and Pfizer wants tax breaks when they stand to make billions on their vaccine. There's also reports that less wealthy countries aren't being shipped as much vaccine. If there's even an ounce of truth to any of this Pfizer (or any other vaccine producers) should be held accountable!

Pfizer pitches Canada for tax breaks in upcoming budget | CTV News

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
STL College of Medicine Professor and lab experimenter has come across a Nasal Mist Vaccine much as developed for Flu inoculating children. Uses a Inert Common Cold Virus as transporter and so far NO Needle jabs, NO Second Injection and lasts up the three times LONGER as a vaccine. Many news sources are calling it Non Viable as the Fed has spent BILLIONS on the existing vaccine. This could wipe a lot of High End pharmacologic developers profits away.

This article is from back in September and the local news ran with it yesterday interviewing the scientist that developed it at Wash U.

St. Louis-based Precision Virologics and India's Biotech leader Bharat Biotech obtain rights to intranasal COVID-19 vaccine technology (prnewswire.com)

Reactions: DB2

hosspuller

I've had the first shot of the Pfizer vax. I don't deny Pfizer will make billions of $. Moderna is charging twice Pfizer's per dose price.

So what, there's billions of profit. It's very much like the oil companies with billions in profit. Big risks need big profits. Several companies have abandoned their covid vax. That's a bunch of money down the drain for them. No one is reimbursing them.
Here's Merck's loss >>https://www.barrons.com/news/pasteur-institute-merck-abandon-covid-19-vaccine-01611577507

I and most people want their product regardless of the cost. Try driving without fuel.